Rabicip 20mg Tablet
Rabicip 20 MG Description
Rabicip Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn associated with conditions like stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole a
the active ingredient that acts by blocking the action of micropumps in the stomach wall which is responsible for acid production. This medication reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning 30 minutes before meals. Patients with osteoporosis, diarrhoea, electrolyte imbalance and liver problems should use this medicine cautiously.
Uses of Rabicip 20 MG
- It is used for the treatment of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Rabicip 20 MG
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabicip 20 MG
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabicip 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion, problems in swallowing and liver function problem.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You experience skin reaction and frequent diarrhoea after taking similar medicine.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12, which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Rabicip Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Rabicip 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- In the body, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Rabicip Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps, thus acid release in the stomach decreases, and this helps in the healing of ulcers and improves symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Rabicip 20 MG
Interactions of Rabicip 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Rabicip Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as ketoconazole or itraconazole should be used cautiously, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rabicip 20 MG
- Store Rabicip Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rabicip 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the complications associated with the long term use of Rabicip Tablet?
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rabicip Tablet?
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rabicip Tablet Tablet?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rabicip Tablet, what should I do?
Q: Can I take Rabicip Tablet empty stomach?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]