Propeg 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Propeg 5 MG Description
Propeg Tablet is used to prevent missed pregnancy and premature labour. It is also used for gynaecological disorders such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome. Propeg cont
ains Allylestrenol as an active ingredient which is a man-made form of the female hormone progesterogne. This medicine works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. It is not recommended for female children below 16 years. It is advised to discuss with your physician if you ever had undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, terminated pregnancy, or any kind of heart or kidney-related problems before taking this medicine.
Uses of Propeg 5 MG
- To prevent repeated pregnancy loss or missed pregnancy, premature delivery/labour.
- To prevent Intra Uterine Growth Retardation (poor growth of a fetus during pregnancy).
- For the treatment of menstrual problems such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome.
Contraindications of Propeg 5 MG
- If you are allergic to allylestrenol or any component of Propeg Tablet.
- If you have a liver-related problem.
- If you ever had an undiagnosed bleeding, internal bleeding in the brain.
- If you have hormone-dependent cancer like breast cancer, prostate cancer.
Side effects of Propeg 5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Visual disturbance
- Ulcer in eyes
- Bulging of eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Propeg 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any kind of heart diseases.
- You are breastfeeding or experience migraine headaches.
- You have a sinus problem, breathing difficulty, asthma or infection of the lungs or airways.
- You have kidney dysfunction or a serious liver-related disorder.
Mode of Action of Propeg 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Propeg 5 MG
Interactions of Propeg 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Propeg 5 MG
- Store the medicine below 30°C temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Propeg 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Propeg during pregnancy?
Q: Does Propeg Tablet help you get periods?
- Geston Tablet [Internet]. Squarepharma.com.bd. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- (LactMed) D. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Alia | 5 mg | Tablet | ACME Laboratories Ltd. | Indications, Pharmacology, Dosage, Side Effects and more | MedEx [Internet]. Medex.com.bd. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]