By SHINE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Premagan Syrup is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash. It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness. Premagan Syrup contains promethazine as its active ingredient that works by opposing the action of histamine (natural substances produced in the body during allergic conditions). Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking....
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Premagan Syp
Uses of Premagan 5 MG
- Premagan Syrup is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash.
- It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness.
Contraindications of Premagan 5 MG
- If you are allergic to promethazine or any other ingredients of Premagan Syrup. If you have a rash, difficulty in breathing, a problem in swallowing, swelling of lips, tongue, throat and face after taking this medicine....
- If you have taken any brain-related medicines with this medicine or have taken it within 14 days before taking this medicine.
- If you have severe dizziness, sleepiness, headache or unconsciousness.
- If you are using this medicine for the treatment of a child of age less than 5 years.
Side effects of Premagan 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Feeling restless
Precautions and Warnings of Premagan 5 MG
Can I take Premagan Syrup during pregnancy?
Components of Premagan Syrup can cause harm to the unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women unless your doctor has prescribed this medicine.
Can I take Premagan Syrup while breastfeeding?
Components of Premagan Syrup can pass into the breastmilk and can cause harm to the breastfed baby if taken by a lactating mother. This medicine should not be taken by a lactating mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Premagan Syrup?
Premagan Syrup can cause sleepiness. Avoid driving if you have sleepiness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Premagan Syrup?
Consumption of alcohol with Premagan Syrup can increase sleepiness. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have pre-existing medical conditions like breathing problems, liver, heart or kidney diseases, fits, etc.
- You have an obstruction in the stomach or difficulty in urination.
- You have difficulty hearing.
- Your eye pressure is increased.
- You have loose motion or sleepiness after having a viral illness.
- You have indigestion after taking some sugars.
Mode of Action of Premagan 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Premagan Syrup works by opposing the action of histamine (natural substances produced in the body during allergic conditions). Histamine is responsible for allergic symptoms and thus blocking its actions helps to get rid of the allergies....
Directions for Use of Premagan 5 MG
- Take Premagan Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Premagan 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Premagan Syrup or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders. In particular, if you are taking medicines for respiratory problems like asthma (such as theophylline) and bowel diseases along with Premagan Syrup, it can cause dizziness, blurring of vision and a dry mouth. ...
- Concomitant use of other medicines such as diazepam, zolpidem (used in brain diseases) with this medicine can increase sleepiness.
- Concomitant use of aspirin (painkiller) with this medicine can hide the side effects of Premagan Syrup.
Storage and disposal of Premagan 5 MG
- Store Premagan Syrup at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Premagan 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose in children include seizures, difficulty in breathing, abnormal movements of hands and feet, unusual perception, etc. Symptoms of an overdose in adults include sleepiness, seizures, loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, etc. If you have taken too much of Premagan Syrup then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Premagan Syrup then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Premagan Syrup for a prolonged period?
A: Premagan Syrups should not be taken for more than 7 days. If your condition is not relieved after using this medicine for 7 days, consult your doctor immediately.
Q: Does Premagan Syrup cause constipation?
A: Premagan Syrups can cause constipation as a side effect of using this medicine. Consult your doctor if constipation persists.
Q: When should I take Premagan for motion sickness?
A: You can take Premagan 1 or 2 hours before beginning the travel, as advised by the doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Autacoids and Related Drugs: 159-210.
Expires on or After