Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pregalin M 75 capsule is used to treat neuropathic pain (pain associated with nerve damage in the brain). Pregalin M 75 capsule contains a combination of two medicines - Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin. Do not use this capsule if you are allergic to it. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
Pregalin M 75 capsule is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
If you are allergic to pregabalin and methylcobalamin or any of the ingredients of Pregalin M 75 capsule.
Side effects of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Impaired balance
- Difficulty in concentration
- Swelling of body
- Mental disturbance
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
Can I take Pregalin M 75 capsule during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Pregalin M 75 capsule during pregnancy until considered essential by the doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Pregalin M 75 capsule while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment with Pregalin M 75 capsule as it may harm the newborn baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pregalin M 75 capsule?
Pregalin M 75 capsule can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Pregalin M 75 capsule?
It is advised not to consume alcohol while taking Pregalin M 75 capsule as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart failure.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in the skin, itching, etc. after taking this medicine.
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You are experiencing muscle weakness, pain, discomfort, tenderness. This can be a sign of a muscle problem called myopathy inform your doctor immediately.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- Pregalin M 75 capsule can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
Mode of Action of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pregalin M 75 capsule works by the combined action of its two components Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
- Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain, whereas methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.Read less
Directions for Use of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
- Pregalin M 75 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. In case it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Pregalin M 75 capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- You may experience dizziness and drowsiness if you are taking medicines for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, fits and sleep disorders along with this medicine.
- You may experience water retention and swelling if you take anti-diabetic medicine like pioglitazone with this medicine. be cautious if you have an existing heart failure problem.
- The interaction of this medicine with other medicines is not clearly understood. Thus, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking or had taken in the last few days.
Interactions with food items
Pregalin M 75 capsule can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
- Store Pregalin M 75 capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pregalin M 75mg Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of Pregalin M 75 capsule contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Pregalin M 75 capsule take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pregalin M 75 capsule a normal painkiller?
A: Pregalin M 75 capsule is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Pregalin M 75 capsule on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹50.69 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(750.0 Mcg),Pregabalin(75.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, weakness, weight gain|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved