Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahagaba M 75 capsule is a combination of pregabalin and methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) as its active ingredient. Mahagaba M 75 is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). This medicine reduces the pain sensation by altering the release of pain signals, forming new nerve cells and regenerating the damaged ones. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for a prescribed duration but at a fixed time every day. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, your doctor may decrease the dose of this medicine gradually, else it might result in serious health consequences.
Uses of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
Neugaba M 75 Capsule is used to treat neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves.
Contraindications of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
If you are allergic to pregabalin and methylcobalamine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Impaired balance
- Swelling of body
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Mental disturbance
- Difficulty in concentration
Precautions and Warnings of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
Can I take Mahagaba M 75 capsule during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of child bearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Mahagaba M 75 capsule while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.Your doctor will decide wether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mahagaba M 75 capsule?
Mahagaba M 75 capsule can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this medicine. Thus, be cautious while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Mahagaba M 75 capsule?
It is advised to not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicne as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have heart failure problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in skin, itching etc. after taking this medicine.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You are experiencing muscle weakness, pain, discomfort, tenderness. This can be a sign of muscle problem called myopathy inform your doctor immediately.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- This medicine can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
Mode of Action of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotrasmitter) in brain responsible for sensation of pain, where as methylcobalamine (vitamin B12) which helps in formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.
Directions for Use of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food. Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience dizziness and drowsiness if you are taking medicines for mental disorders such as anxiety, low mood, fits and sleep disorders along with the Mahagaba M 75 Capsule.
- You may experience water retention and swelling if you take anti-diabetic medicine like pioglitazone with the Mahagaba M 75 Capsule be cautious if you have an existing heart failure problem.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahagaba M 75mg Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it a normal painkiller?
A: Mahagaba M 75 capsule is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, low mood, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Q: What is the Mahagaba M 75 Capsule?
A: Mahagaba-M 75 Capsule is a combination of two medicines pregabalin and methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) respectively. This medicine is used for the treatment of pain due to nerve damage (neuropathic pain). Mahagaba M 75 Capsule works by regenerating damaged nerves in the body and decreasing the pain sensation.
|You Save||₹17.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Pregabalin(150.0 Mg),Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(750.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, confusion, dizziness, sleepiness|
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved