Pozaar H Tablet
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pozaar H Tablet Description
Pozaar H Tablet is a combination of Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan. It is an antihypertensive medicine.
|You Save||₹8.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Pozaar H Tablet
- Treatment of high blood pressure when Hydrochlorothiazide and Losartan alone is not able to control blood pressure
Contraindications of Pozaar H Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide medicines such as co-trimoxazole
- If you have a low level of potassium & sodium or high levels of calcium in your blood
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to bile duct (canal connecting liver to intestine) like cholestasis
- If you have kidney disease due to which you are not producing enough urine
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and taking a medicine for high blood pressure like Aliskiren
- If you have gout
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months
Side effects of Pozaar H Tablet
- Cough, nasal congestion and sinusitis
- Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain and indigestion
- Chest pain and tiredness
- Muscle pain, back pain and pain in the legs
- Headache, weakness, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Kidney and liver dysfunction
- Low blood sugar levels
Precautions and Warnings of Pozaar H Tablet
Can I take Pozaar H Tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of this medicine is known to cause fetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy
- If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed
- By any chance, if a pregnant woman takes this during pregnancy, ultrasound of kidney function and skull is recommended
Can I take Pozaar H Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding and especially to a premature baby. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pozaar H Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, especially during the start of the treatment or if when the dose is increased. Hence, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery during treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Pozaar H Tablet?
Consuming alcohol will intensify the effects of this medicine and may cause fall in blood pressure which may be harmful. You are best-advised to avoid alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue due to water retention
- If you have blocked arteries of your kidneys or recently had a kidney transplant or have only one functioning kidney
- If you experience fainting and giddiness especially after the first dose
- If you are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed
- If you are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive
- If your kidneys are not functioning correctly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels)
- If you have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- If you have serious heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis and ischaemic cardiopathy
- If you are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands)
- If you have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed
- If you have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- If you have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose)
- If you develop eye pain and decrease in vision
- If you had any skin cancer or developed any skin lesions
- If you have gout, diabetes, bronchial asthma or any autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus
Mode of Action of Pozaar H Tablet
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure. Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from body, thereby lowering the blood pressure. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms resulting in effective control of blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Pozaar H Tablet
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own
- This medicine tends to catch moisture and should be taken out from blister just before use
Interactions of Pozaar H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking steroids, antifungals like Amphotericin
- Medicines used to treat depression or other mental conditions like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (Amiloride, Spironolactone) and Trimethoprim
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with Metformin)
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with medicines like Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works
- You may experience anemia if you are taking medicine like Methyldopa
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporin may increase the risk of gout
- You may experience abnormal heart rhythms if you are taking medicine for heart failure like Digoxin
- Medicines which may not be able to work properly due to increased potassium levels which are used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, Sotalol and Amiodarone
- This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Allopurinol, Atropine, Biperiden and muscle relaxants like Tubocurarine, Cholestyramine and Colestipol
Interactions with food items
Make sure to have a low salt diet because excess salt in your diet may decrease the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Pozaar H Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Keep this medicine in the original container to protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Pozaar H Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Pozaar H Tablet start lowering my blood pressure immediately after I take this medicine?
A: Blood pressure will not start to lower after you start taking this medicine. It will take 3-4 weeks for your blood pressure to be normalized. This medicine is not recommended to be used in patients who have not received prior therapy for high blood pressure and should preferably be used in patients who had exposure to both the medicines as single tablets previously.
Q: Can I use Pozaar H Tablet in kidney and liver disease?
A: This medicine can be used at a normal dose in patients with mild to moderate kidney failure (i.e., creatinine clearance is above 30-50 ml/min). However, it should not be used in severe kidney failure or in patients on hemodialysis. Similarly, this medicine can be used but with caution in patients with mild-moderate liver disease. It should not be used in patients with severe liver impairment.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Pozaar H Tablet?
A: Your blood pressure, kidney function and blood potassium levels need to be regularly monitored while you are taking this medicine. Caution is advised (inform your doctor) if you are undergoing any radiography with iodine contrast media. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.