Platin 50mg Bottle Of 50ml Infusion
By CADILA PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
50ml Infusion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Platin 50 MG Description
Platin Infusion is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat various kinds of metastatic and advanced cancer (that spreads in the body) such as ovarian, testicular, bladder, small cell lung cancer
, non-small cell lung cancer, cervical cancer, etc. Platin contains cisplatin as the active ingredient. It acts by killing cancer-causing cells thereby preventing the spread of infection. This Infusion will be given by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, decreased sodium level, decreased blood count|
Check more medicines with composition as Cisplatin(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Platin 50 MG
- Testicular cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Small cell and non-small cell lung cancer
- Cervical cancer
Contraindications of Platin 50 MG
- If you are allergic to cisplatin, platinum-containing products, or any other ingredient of Platin Infusion.
- If you have pre-existing kidney disease or hearing disorder.
- If you have suppressed bone marrow or decreased bone marrow activity.
- If you are dehydrated.
- If you have recently taken the yellow fever vaccine.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Platin 50 MG
- Decreased sodium levels
- Decreased blood level
- Bone marrow failure
- Altered heart rate and rhythm
Precautions and Warnings of Platin 50 MG
Can I take Platin Infusion during pregnancy?
Platin Infusion may cause harm to the unborn baby if used during pregnancy. Thus, this medicine should not be used during pregnancy unless advised by your doctor after assessing the risk and need.
Can I take Platin Infusion while breastfeeding?
Cisplatin in Platin passes into the breast milk, thus it should not be used by a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Platin Infusion?
If you experience dizziness or nausea after taking this Infusion, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Platin Infusion?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on Platin. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using aluminium containing medicine, devices, or sets.
- You have kidney disease or are on any other medicine that alters kidney function.
- You experience or have any hearing, movement or vibration loss.
- You are allergic to this medicine, or any other undesired side effects.
- You have or had liver disease.
- You have or had bone marrow failure.
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
- You have low haemoglobin and low blood count.
Mode of Action of Platin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Cisplatin works by stopping the growth and multiplication of cancer cells. The growth and multiplication of cells take place through DNA, a genetic material. Cisplatin damages the DNA by binding it onto the cancer cells and thus prevents growth and multiplication....
Directions for Use of Platin 50 MG
- Platin Infusion will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this Infusion.
Interactions of Platin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Platin Infusion works, or Platin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other pain killers, blood thinners, anti-allergic, anti-seizure (fit) medicine, immunomodulatory medicine, and antibiotics.
- If you are or have taken any live vaccine recently such as yellow fever.
Storage and disposal of Platin 50 MG
- Store Platin Infusion below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Platin 50 MG
Your doctor or nurse will give this Infusion so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine. Overdose of Platin Infusion may cause kidney or liver damage, hearing loss, vision loss, nausea, vomiting and bone marrow suppression....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when Platin Infusion should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Platin Infusion?
A: Platin is an anti-cancer medicine used to treat various types of cancers. It is used to treat advanced and metastatic (spreading) cancer such as bladder, ovarian, cervical, testicular, etc.
Q: Can Platin cause harm to my kidney?
A: Yes, neprotoxicity is a common side effect of Platin Infusion. It is advised to stay hydrated while on this medicine. Talk to your doctor for more information.
- Cisplatin 1 mg/ml Sterile Concentrate - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- PLATINOL® Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Cisplatin 1mg/ml Infusion solution [Internet]. Cdn.accord-healthcare.com. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Cancer C. Cisplatin - Drug Information - Chemocare [Internet]. Chemocare.com. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed