Plarica 800mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Plarica 800 MG Description
Plarica Tablet is used to increase the low blood platelet count that is associated with dengue fever. It contains extracts of leaves carica papaya commonly known as papaya. Carica papaya leaf extract
works by increasing the activity of two genes involved in the formation of platelets and thus increases platelet production in conditions like dengue. You should not take Plarica Tablet if you have any bleeding disorder or diabetes. It should be taken as suggested by the doctor or pharmacist.
|You Save||₹35.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Carica Papaya(800.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Carica Papaya(800.0 Mg)
Uses of Plarica 800 MG
Plarica Tablet is used in thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) associated with dengue.
Contraindications of Plarica 800 MG
- If you are allergic to carica papaya or any ingredient of Plarica Tablet.
- If you have any disorder related to the prostate gland or BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia).
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby
Side effects of Plarica 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Plarica 800 MG
Can I take Plarica Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Plarica Tablet if you are pregnant or think may be pregnant.
Can I take Plarica Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Plarica Tablet without consulting your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Plarica Tablet?
It is not expected that Plarica Tablet will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Plarica Tablet?
There is no direct interaction of Plarica Tablet with alcohol. However, you should not consume alcohol when you have dengue fever.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, planning to have a kid or are breastfeeding. Do not take Plarica Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are taking any blood-thinning medicines like Aspirin and Warfarin.
- You have any existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, kidney, liver or prostate problems or any other diseases, be sure to consult your doctor before starting Plarica Tablet.
- You are taking Amiodarone (used to treat heart problems) or are on blood pressure medications or are on antibiotics.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take Plarica Tablet if you are allergic to any of its components.
- You are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
Mode of Action of Plarica 800 MG
How Does It Work?
- Blood platelet count in dengue fever is reduced due to the action of the dengue virus and it leads to reduced immunity as platelets play a major role in the body's defence mechanism.
- Plarica Tablet contains leaf extract of Carica papaya, which is known to upregulate the action of two genes involved in the formation of platelets and thus increases platelet production in the body.
Directions for Use of Plarica 800 MG
- Plarica Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Plarica 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Plarica Tablet should be used with caution if you are taking medicines for bleeding disorders such as Warfarin or Aspirin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines.
- Other medicines such as amiodarone and few antibiotics should be used cautiously when taking Plarica Tablet.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Plarica 800 MG
- Store Plarica Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Plarica 800 MG
If you have taken an excessive dose of Plarica Tablet, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you happen to miss any dose of Plarica Tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it's already time for the next dose, do not take a double dose.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Plarica Tablet work?
A: Plarica Tablet contains carica papaya leaf extract, which is useful in increasing the low platelet count in dengue fever. It works by increasing the activity of certain genes that help in increasing the platelet formation.
Q: What are the side effects of Plarica Tablet?
A: You may sometimes experience a few side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and heartburn after taking Plarica Tablet.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Plarica Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease or any other disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Plarica Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbs.
- Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed