Planep T 10mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Planep T 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of oedema (excess water accumulation in the body). It is also used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of eplerenone and torsemide as the main ingredients that belong to the diuretic group of medicine. Take this medicine for the prescribed duration. It should preferably be taken with food. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Dehydration, headache, nausea, dizziness and weakness are some common side effects that you may experience with this medicine. Most of these side effects are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor about any other conditions you are suffering from or if you are taking any medicines for that.
Uses of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- It is used in the treatment of oedema (swelling due to water retention in the body) associated with heart failure and high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Planep T 10mg Tablet or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have anuria, a condition of low output of urine due to kidney dysfunction.
- If you are having high levels of potassium in the blood.
- If you are having any other medicines which preserve potassium in the body.
- If you are having any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problems, heart disorders etc.
- If you are already on other medications like antifungal medicines (ketoconazole or itraconazole), antiviral medicines, other antibiotics like streptomycin, other antihypertensives etc.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Side effects of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Irregular heartbeats and heart failure
- High cholesterol and potassium in the blood
- Low blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting
- Kidney dysfunction
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Planep T 10mg Tablet
Can I take the Planep T 10mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Planep T 10mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk. So breastfeeding women should take this medicine only if prescribed by their doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Planep T 10mg tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness and affect your ability to drive or to use heavy machines, so do not get involved in any activity which requires alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Planep T 10mg tablet?
Do not take this medicine with alcohol, as it increases the chances of drowsiness and liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low levels of sodium and potassium in the blood.
- You experience difficulty in passing urine, prostate-related problems.
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, thyroid etc.
- You are taking other water pills and medicine for brain disorder like lithium.
- You are taking immunosuppressive medicines like tacrolimus or cyclosporine.
Mode of Action of Planep T 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Eplerenone and torsemide are the diuretic group of medicines. This medicine acts on different parts of the kidney and helps the body in removing the excess amount of water and some electrolytes and maintains the blood potassium levels. Removal of the excess water and electrolytes helps the body in relieving oedema and the symptoms associated with it like difficulty in breathing, swollen legs, etc. It also helps in maintaining blood pressure to normal in hypertensive individuals and in individuals with heart problems.
Directions for Use of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to
- Never stop the medicine on your own
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Planep T 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Planep T 10mg tablet or Planep T 10mg tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antibiotics such as Clarithromycin, anti-HIV medicines, other antihypertensives, medicines used to treat brain and respiratory-related disorders, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, medicines used for heart conditions like digoxin, anti-got medicine like probenecid etc.read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are painkillers, anti-sickness medicines like domperidone, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, oral anticoagulants like warfarin etc.
Storage and disposal of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 25°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Planep T 10mg Tablet
- An overdose of this medicine may produce symptoms like lightheadedness, blurred vision, weakness, passing a lot of urine, loss of consciousness, high levels of potassium in the blood, muscle cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness, headache etc.read less
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any of these such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of the Planep T 10mg tablet?
A: Planep T 10mg tablet is used in the treatment of oedema (fluid overload in the body) and high blood pressure. It is also used with other medicines in patients with recent a heart attack and other heart problems.
Q: How does the Planep T 10mg tablet work?
A: Planep T 10mg tablet contains a medicine known as Eplerenone and Torsemide. Eplerenone is a potassium sparing diuretic group of medicine, while Torsemide is a medicine of high ceiling diuretic group. Eplerenon and Torsemide are the diuretic group of medicines. This medicine acts on different parts of the kidney and helps the body in removing the excess amount of water and some electrolytes. Torsemide decreases the blood potassium levels by removing them from the body, while Eplerenone preserves potassium into the blood by blocking the action of certain hormonal substances (aldosterone) and thus maintains the blood potassium levels. Removal of the excess water and electrolytes helps the body in relieving oedema and symptoms associated with it like difficulty in breathing, swollen legs, etc. Removal of a few electrolytes and water also helps in maintaining blood pressure to normal in hypertensive individuals and in individuals with heart problems.
- Eplerenone 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 April 2021]
- Eplerenone 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 April 2021]
- Demadex (torsemide) Tablets [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 21 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹37.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Eplerenone(25.0 Mg),Torasemide / Torsemide(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Edema and hypertension|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, low blood pressure, nausea, rashes|
Last Updated on: 24 Apr 2021 | 12:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved