Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pirfenex 200 mg tablet contains Pirfenidone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat a lung disease called Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). It is meant for use only in adults. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. You should avoid being in the sunlight for too long and do not smoke while on treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pirfenex 200 mg tablet is used in adults for the treatment of a specific type of lung disease called Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF).
Contraindications of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pirfenidone or any other ingredients of Pirfenex 200 mg tablet.
- If in the past while on treatment with Pirfenidone, you have experienced symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, tongue along with difficulty in breathing (angioedema).
- If you are suffering from a severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you are on fluvoxamine, a medicine used to treat your mental health.
Side effects of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, heartburn
- Fatigue, sleepiness
- Indigestion, diarrhoea
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Altered taste
- Muscle pain, joint pain
- Sensitivity to sunlight, sunburn
- Skin rash, itchiness, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Pirfenex 200 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Pirfenex 200 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Pirfenidone passes into breast milk. Therefore, Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding for the safety of the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pirfenex 200 mg tablet?
Pirfenex 200 mg tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy and tired, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Pirfenex 200 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are on tetracycline antibiotics like doxycycline, minocycline.
- You are a smoker, you should avoid smoking while on treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet as it reduces the effect of this medicine.
- You should avoid being in sunlight for too long.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your weight, as this medicine may cause weight loss.
- Your doctor may also frequently ask you to get your blood test done while on treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet.
- Pirfenex 200 mg tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis is a medical condition that causes the tissues in the lungs to swell and scar, thus making it difficult for you to breath deeply and also makes it tough for the lungs to function properly.Read less
- Pirfenidone in Pirfenex 200 mg tablet works by reducing the swelling and scarring in the lungs, thus making it easier to breathe.
Directions for Use of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Pirfenex 200 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Concomitant use of Pirfenex 200 mg tablet along with medicines like enoxacin, ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), amiodarone, propafenone (used in heart problems), fluvoxamine (used to treat your mental health) may increase side effects of this medicine.Read less
- Use of medicines like omeprazole (used in indigestion), rifampicin (antibiotic) along with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet, may alter the way it works.
Interactions with food items
Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should be taken with or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. Avoid consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store Pirfenex 200 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pirfenex 200mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Pirfenex 200 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Pirfenex 200 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pirfenex 200 mg tablet ?
A: Pirfenex 200 mg tablet is used in adults for the treatment of a specific type of lung disease called Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF).
Q: How to take Pirfenex 200 mg tablet ?
A: Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or after food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Can Pirfenex 200 mg tablet be used in children?
A: No, Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should not be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Q: Does Pirfenex 200 mg tablet cause weight loss?
A: Yes, Pirfenex 200 mg tablet may cause weight loss as a side effect. Your doctor will regularly monitor your weight.
Q: I smoke regularly, will this habit affect my treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet?
A: Yes, you must avoid smoking while on treatment with Pirfenex 200 mg tablet, as it makes this medicine less effective.
Q: Can I take Pirfenex 200 mg tablet on an empty stomach?
A: No, Pirfenex 200 mg tablet should be taken along with or after having your meal, so as to avoid side effects like dizziness, nausea and stomach discomfort.
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved