Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
By CIPLA LIMITED
0.025g Powder For Infusion in Dry Vial
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phosome Powder For Infusion is an antifungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. Amphotericin B is prescribed for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medicine
works by slowing down the growth of fungus. Phosome Powder For Infusion is to be administered by a doctor or nurse in a clinical setting only. The doses and duration are determined by the doctor after accessing your condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
Uses of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
- Serious fungal infections
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)
Contraindications of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
If you are allergic to amphotericin B or ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
- Decrease in serum potassium levels
- Pain or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
Can I take Phosome Powder For Infusion during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about use of the Phosome Powder For Infusion in pregnant women.
Can I take Phosome Powder For Infusion while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of this medicine passes in breastmilk. Consult your doctor before taking this injection if you are a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have taken Phosome Powder For Infusion?
This injection is usually given to an individual who is being treated in a healthcare set up and their health condition may not allow them to drive. However, Phosome Powder For Infusion does not have any effect on the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Phosome Powder For Infusion?
Although the interaction of the Phosome Powder For Infusion with alcohol is not known, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney-related disorder.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- Amphotericin B must not be used for superficial fungal infections.
- When on treatment with the Phosome Powder For Infusion, your doctor may ask you to perform blood tests to monitor your potassium, magnesium levels and kidney function.
Mode of Action of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
How Does It Work?
Phosome Powder For Infusion contains amphotericin B, an antifungal medicine. Amphotericin B binds to the fungal cells and makes them more porous that leads to the leakage of cell components and fungal
Directions for Use of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
- Phosome Powder For Infusion will be administered by a doctor in a clinical or a hospital setting.
- Please follow any after-care instructions given by your doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Phosome works or Phosome itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions, immunosuppressants, pain killers, muscle relaxants and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
- Store it in temperatures between 2-8 degrees celsius away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Phosome 25mg Vial Of 0.025gm Powder For Infusion
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional. The likelihood of an overdose is very low.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is given/administered by a trained health care professional at the appropriate time in a hospital or clinic. The likelihood of missing a dose is very low.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Phosome Powder For Infusion?
A: Phosome Powder For Infusion is an anti-fungal medication. It contains amphotericin B as the active ingredient. It is used to treat serious fungal infections or visceral leishmaniasis commonly known as kala-azar in India.
Q: How is Phosome Powder For Infusion given?
A: Phosome Powder For Infusion is given as an intravenous injection or infusion by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. An allergy test is usually performed by administering an initial test dose before initiating the treatment. If no allergic reactions develop, the doctor or nurse will continue with the treatment.
Q: How Phosome Powder For Infusion works?
A: Phosome Powder For Infusion is an antifungal medicine containing amphotericin B as its active ingredient. It works by binding to the fungal cells and makes them more porous leading to the leakage of cell components and fungal cell death.
- Ampholip [Internet]. Bharatserums.com. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- AmBisome Liposomal 50 mg Powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021]
- DailyMed - AMBISOME- amphotericin b injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 May 2021].
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 07:10 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved