Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet
Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG Description
Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet is used to manage generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorders. Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called antidepressants. The active ingredient in
this medicine is paroxetine. Paroxetine increases the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. You should take the Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablets may cause minor to serious side effects such as sleepiness, headache, and forgetfulness. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. Functioning of Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet may change or get affected negatively if taken with alcohol, St. John’s Wort, and certain nutritional supplements and therefore must be avoided. Interaction of Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet with certain medications used in anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, migraine, or infection is known to produce life-threatening symptoms. Therefore, it is suggested to talk to your doctor about all medications you are taking or planning to take.
|You Save||₹21.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social phobia|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, acidity, irregular menstruation|
Uses of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
- Treatment of major depression (hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances)
- Treatment of generalised anxiety disorder (excessive thoughts that are difficult to control)
- Treatment of panic disorder (all symptoms resembling that of a heart attack)
- Treatment of social anxiety disorder (fearful of socialising and communicating with people)
- Treatment of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (Frightening flashbacks of the traumatic incident)
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (mood swings, depression, anxiety)
Contraindications of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
Side effects of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your symptoms persist or become worse, immediately consult your doctor.
- You have liver, kidney, or heart problems.
- You have epilepsy or any history of fits or seizures.
- You have eye problems such as glaucoma.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of bleeding disorders or taking any medicine that may make your blood thin.
- You are on a low sodium diet or taking medicine for hypertension.
- You conceive during the course of the medication or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
- Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Paroxee Cr 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet if you are already taking medicines for severe pain, such as tramadol as Paroxee Cr 12.5mg tablet may reduce the pain-relieving effect of tramadol....
- Medicines to decrease the risk of bleeding, such as warfarin, may have the opposite effect when taken with Paroxee Cr Tablet.
- Medicines for migraine such as sumatriptan and almotriptan when taken with Paroxee Cr Tablet may cause serious side effects.
- Medicines for high blood pressure treatment like diltiazem, when taken with Paroxee Cr tablets, may have reduced effects making treatment ineffective.
- Medicines for the treatment of fits or epilepsy such as phenytoin and carbamazepine and antibiotics like erythromycin reduces the effect of Paroxee Cr medicine.
- Medicines for the treatment of depression such as buprenorphine and Parkinson’s disease like procyclidine should not be taken with Paroxee Cr Tablet as it may cause coma and life-threatening side effects....
Interactions with food items
- Paroxee Cr 12.5mg Tablet may interact adversely with:
- St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine for depression)
- Tryptophan containing dietary supplements (milk, cheese, oats)