Pantocid D Capsule
Pantocid D Capsule Description
Pantocid D capsule is used to provide relief from the symptoms of acid reflux disease like heartburn and chest discomfort. It contains pantoprazole and domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine as its act
ve ingredient. If you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency you should inform your doctor about the same before taking the medicine. For better results avoid drinking caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee, soda and spicy, junk food which otherwise may aggravate your acidity. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before using the Pantocid D capsule.
|You Save||₹16.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, weakness, joint and muscle pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Uses of Pantocid D Capsule
Contraindications of Pantocid D Capsule
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or any of the ingredients of Pantocid D capsule.
- If you are taking any product containing rilpivirine (antiviral).
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantocid D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid D Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last one year.
Mode of Action of Pantocid D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantocid D Capsule
Interactions of Pantocid D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine can alter the way the Pantocid D capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on the pH of stomach acid may not work properly when taken along with the Pantocid D capsule (some antifungals such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, ampicillin, iron salts and other medicines such as erlotinib)....
- Blood thinners such as warfarin, when taken concomitantly with the Pantocid D capsule can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines such as medicines used for heart conditions, anti-HIV medicines, certain antibiotics, antimalarials, medicines acting on the brain or used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pantocid D Capsule
- Store Pantocid D capsules below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantocid D Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking Pantocid D capsule?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problem.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
Q: Can I give Pantocid D capsule to my child for acidity?
Q: Can I take Pantocid D capsule in the longterm?
Q: When should I take Pantocid D capsule?
Q: What is the use of Pantocid D?
Q: What is the composition of Pantocid D?
Q: What is the Pantocid D used for?
Q: What are the side effects of the Pantocid D?
- PANSEC DSR capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- PANTOPRAZOLE sodium delayed-release tablets [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]