Pantocid D Capsule
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid D Capsule contains pantoprazole and domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine as its active ingredient. Pantocid D is used to provide relief from the symptoms of acid reflux disease like heartburn and chest discomfort. If you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency you should inform your doctor about the same before taking the medicine. For better results avoid drinking caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee, soda and spicy, junk food which otherwise may aggravate your acidity. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before using the medicine.
Uses of Pantocid D Capsule
Pantocid D capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pantocid D Capsule
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking any product containing rilpivirine (antiviral).
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantocid D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid D Capsule
Can I take Pantocid D Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the Pantocid D Capsule in pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine should be avoided, unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Pantocid D Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Pantocid D Capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantocid D Capsule?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid D Capsule?
There is no interaction reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last one year.
Mode of Action of Pantocid D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantocid D Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food. Do not crush, chew or break the capsule. Do not take it if the capsule has passed its expiry date.
Interactions of Pantocid D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine can alter the way the Pantocid D Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on the pH of stomach acid may not work properly when taken along with the Pantocid D Capsule (some antifungals such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, ampicillin, iron salts and other medicines such as erlotinib).Read less
- Blood thinners such as warfarin, when taken concomitantly with the Pantocid D Capsule can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines such as medicines used for heart conditions, anti-HIV medicines, certain antibiotics, antimalarials, medicines acting on the brain or used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously.Read less
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid D Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantocid D Capsule
Overdose symptoms may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, mood disorders etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking this medicine?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problem.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure in between the stomach and food pipe, which allows food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach, goes back, upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give this medicine to my child for acidity?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Can I take this medicine in the longterm?
A: No, this medicine should not be taken for the long term as it may cause deficiencies of calcium, magnesium and vitamin B12. This makes your bones weak and prone to fractures.
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: Pantocid D capsule should be taken an hour before a meal in dosage as directed by your doctor. Please do not take more than the recommended dosage.
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved