Pan L Capsule
Pan L Capsule Description
Pan-L capsule is a combination of two medicines, Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride. It is used for the prevention of reflux of acid from the stomach to the food pipe and also prevents the production of
excess acid in the stomach. It works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel. Do not use it if you are pregnant or a lactating mother or if you are allergic to any of the components of it. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions, headache, dizziness are some of the side effects of using this medicine. However, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve, inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹35.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levosulpiride(75.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loose motions, pain in stomach|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
- Pancoly L Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 173.00₹ 124.5638.65% CHEAPER₹ 12.46/Capsule
- Pantosec Ls Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 203.00₹ 162.4020.04% CHEAPER₹ 16.24/Capsule
- Pantocaf Lsr CapsulesBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 264.00₹ 224.40₹ 22.44/Capsule
- Pantafol Sl CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 160.00₹ 136.0033.04% CHEAPER₹ 13.6/Capsule
- Protera L CapsuleBy Lupin10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 325.80₹ 276.93₹ 27.69/Capsule
- Prat L Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Alteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 167.71₹ 167.7144.95% CHEAPER₹ 11.18/Capsule
- P Ppi L Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.7567.9% CHEAPER₹ 6.52/Capsule
- Nupenta Ls CapsuleBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 244.00₹ 207.40₹ 20.74/Capsule
- Pantin L CapsuleBy Genix10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 131.00₹ 111.3545.2% CHEAPER₹ 11.13/Capsule
- Pantop Ls Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 236.45₹ 200.981.03% CHEAPER₹ 20.1/Capsule
Uses of Pan L Capsule
Contraindications of Pan L Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride or any of the other ingredients of Pan-L capsule.
- If you have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an obstruction in your bowel or have blood in vomit or stool.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma.
- If you have a seizure disorder (epilepsy) or have an abnormally elevated mood (mania).
- If you have prolactin hormone-secreting tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma) and breast cancer present together.
Side effects of Pan L Capsule
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loose motions
- Pain in stomach
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pan L Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney, liver or heart disease.
- You have a rash over the skin.
- You are taking this medicine for a longer duration.
- You have tiredness, seizures, irregular heartbeat or muscle spasm.
- Your doctor tells you that you have a low vitamin B12 level in your blood.
- You have to undergo a urine test.
Mode of Action of Pan L Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Levosulpiride works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
Directions for Use of Pan L Capsule
Interactions of Pan L Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Pan-L capsule with other medicines such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Posaconazole or Erlotinib decreases the absorption of these medicines in the body.
- Concomitant use of Pan-L capsule with Methotrexate (anticancer medicine) can increase the blood level of Methotrexate.
- Taking this medicine with fluvoxamine can increase the blood concentration of Pan-L capsule. The dose of this medicine has to be reduced when taking with fluvoxamine.
- Antacids containing sucralfate, aluminium and magnesium can decrease the absorption of Pan-L capsule.
- Taking this medicine with other medicines such as antimalarials, cisapride cause irregular heartbeat.
- Co-administration of Pan-L capsule with anti-HIV medicines such as Atazanavir can reduce the blood concentration of Atazanavir.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Pan L Capsule
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pan L Capsule
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)