Paleo 40mg Tablets
Paleo 40mg Tablets Description
Paleo Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an act
ive ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
Uses of Paleo 40mg Tablets
Contraindications of Paleo 40mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Paleo Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Paleo 40mg Tablets
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Paleo 40mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Paleo Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Paleo 40mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paleo 40mg Tablets
- Paleo Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Paleo 40mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Paleo Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Paleo 40mg Tablets
- Store Paleo Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Paleo 40mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Paleo Tablet?
Q: What is Paleo Tablet used for?
Q: Can Paleo Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]