Omnix 50mg Strawberry Flavour Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
Omnix 50 MG/5ML Description
Omnix Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine used for various bacterial infection in children such as infection of lungs, tonsils, throat, airways, ear, and urinary tract. It is also used for the treatm
ent of typhoid. This medicine is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult’s supervision. It contains cefixime as its main component. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not give this medicine to your child for viral infection such as cold and flu. Always complete the course of antibitoic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy.
|You Save||₹7.29 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to cefixime or any of the other ingredients of Omnix Dry Syrup.
- If your child is allergic to any other cephalosporin antibiotics including penicillin. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have severe skin adverse reactions.
- You have inflammation of the large intestine
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You have diarrhoea or/and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Omnix Dry Syrup.
- You are taking or have previously taken blood thinner medicines like warfarin.
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells).
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using Omnix Dry Syrup while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
- Take Omnix Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Read the label carefully before using this medication.
- For reconstitution add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor
- Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Omnix Dry Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
- Store Omnix Dry Syrup below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omnix 50 MG/5ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Omnix Dry Syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby