Omee 10mg Cap
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor or an antacid.
Uses of Omee 10mg Cap
- Omee 10mg Cap capsules are taken in some abdominal disorders like-
- Stomach ulcers Ulcer in the first part of the intestine
- Conditions like heartburn, acid regurgitation due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (A condition in which the muscle at the junction of your food pipe and stomach opens at the wrong time, allowing stomach acid to back up into your food pipe and throat)read less
- To prevent bleeding in the upper gastric area
- Bacterial infection of the stomach caused by Helicobacter pylori along with antibiotics
- Excess acid production in the stomach caused by a growth in the pancreas ( a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
Contraindications of Omee 10mg Cap
- Have an allergic reaction to Omee 10mg Cap or other proton pump inhibitors
- Chronic heart failure Reduced levels of calcium and magnesium
- Liver diseases
- If you are on anti-HIV medications like nelfinavir
- If you have/ are suspected of having stomach cancer
Side effects of Omee 10mg Cap
- Omee 10mg Cap side effects include
- Diarrhoea and stomach ache
- Nausea, vomiting
- Itching and rashes due to allergy,
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Fatigue, tiredness
- Increased risk of infections, especially on long term use.
- Sleep disturbance
- Taste changes
- Low levels of sodium in the blood (rare)
- Joint pains (arthralgia) or muscle pains (myalgia)
- Hair loss (alopecia) (rare)
Mode of Action of Omee 10mg Cap
How Does It Work?
There exists a cellular level pump in your stomach called the proton pump, which is essential for acid production.Omee 10mg Cap reduces the amount of acid secretion by the stomach by inhibiting this pump . So the stomach will secrete much less acid and treats your symptoms caused due to acidity.
Directions for Use of Omee 10mg Cap
Omee 10mg Cap capsules should be taken in the morning.
Interactions of Omee 10mg Cap
- Omee 10mg Cap can influence the effectiveness of certain drugs like-
- Drugs such as warfarin, clopidogrel, digoxin, cyclosporine, phenytoin, ketoconazole, voriconazole, and iron supplements.
- Drugs given in HIV patients (such as nelfinavir/tenofovir/ atazanavir, rilpivirine, etc.) and medications like methotrexate and erlotinib are known to show interactions.
- So make sure to inform your doctor if you are on any of the above medications.
Any interactions of Omee 10mg Cap with food or beverages are not known. But, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola), and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
No specific information is available
Storage and disposal of Omee 10mg Cap
Please store in cool and dry condition, and away from direct sunlight.
Dosage of Omee 10mg Cap
- Overdose symptoms may include:
- blurred vision
- rapid heartbeat
- flushing (sudden rushing feeling of warmth)
- dry mouth.
- Seek emergency medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, take it when you remember. But in case it is time for the next dose, do not take extra medicine to replace the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does medicine take to correct my condition?
A: The capsule starts to work on the very first day of treatment, but may take 1 to 4 days for full effect depending on the severity of your condition. But, make sure to take the entire course as prescribed by the physician
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved