Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
3ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml contain Olopatadine as its active ingredient. It is effective in treating allergic conjunctivitis (symptoms include redness, itching, watery eyes, etc). You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. You should remove your contact lenses before using these eye drops. Before using this medicine, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml is used in treating the symptoms (watery, redness, burning and itching in the eyes) of allergic conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
- If you are allergic to Olopatadine or any other ingredients of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If your child is less than 3 years old.
Side effects of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
- Eye discomfort
- Eye pain
- Eye irritation
- Dry eye
- Blurred vision, headache, fatigue, dry nose, bad taste (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
Can I take Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml during pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or in women who may get pregnant as there is limited information about its effects in human pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Can I take Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited information about its safety in humans. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and the inability to recognize objects properly. Therefore, you should avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml?
There is no information available on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any other eye problems.
- You had any eye surgery.
- You need to remove your contact lenses before using Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml should not be used in children who are under the age of 3 years.
Mode of Action of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
How Does It Work?
Olopatadine in Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml works by preventing the release of substances (histamine) that cause itching, redness, etc in the eyes, thus treating preventing or controlling the allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
- Use Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml as instructed by the doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
- Store Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml
If you feel you have instilled these eye drops more than you should, rinse your eyes with warm water and do not put in any more drops until it is time for your next dose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, use it as soon as possible. Do not use a double dose of this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How frequently can I use Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml?
A: This eye drop should only be used as frequently as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I use Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml along with contact lenses?
A: No, you must remove the contact lenses and then instil the eye drops.
Q: Is it safe to use Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml during pregnancy?
A: You should avoid using Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
Q: What is the use of Olopat 0.2% Od Eye Drops 3ml?
A: This medicine is used in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis (a condition of eye inflammation which is caused by allergies).
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved