Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Olmezest H 40 tablet is an antihypertensive medication. It contains a combination of two active ingredients - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Olmezest H 40 is used for the management of high bloo
d pressure. It lowers increased blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. It also helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by producing more urine. This combined action helps lower the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Olmezest H 40 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure levels.
|You Save||₹38.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, weakness, dizziness, chest pain|
- Olmetru H 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 103.00₹ 82.40₹
- Olmesmart 40 H Tablets 10'sBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 240.00₹ 240.00₹
- Olmo H 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 241.50₹ 169.05₹
- Pin Om H 40mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 381.50₹ 324.27₹
- Olmax H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 373.00₹ 317.05₹
- Olsertain H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 219.25₹ 186.36₹
- Winbp H 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.18₹ 263.65₹
- Olmetime H 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.50₹
- Olmat H 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 273.00₹ 232.05₹
- Olcure H 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 235.00₹ 199.75₹
Uses of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredient of Olmezest H 40 tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonamide-derived medicines like sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver disease (yellowing of the skin and eyes, problems with drainage of the bile from the gallbladder).
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have diabetes, low potassium levels, low sodium levels, high calcium levels, or high uric acid levels in your body.
Side effects of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The consumption of alcohol with Olmezest H 40 tablet is not recommended because of the risk of development of orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure that occurs when you stand up from a sitting or lying down position)....
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines called aliskiren or ACE-inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril), especially for diabetes-related kidney problems.
- You have liver, kidney problems, or if you have had a recent kidney transplant
- You have heart failure or problems with your heart valves or heart muscles.
- You are taking high doses of a medicine called diuretics or if you are on a low salt diet.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands (primary aldosteronism), diabetes, asthma, allergies, or an autoimmune disease called lupus erythematosus.
- You have had skin cancer or if you develop an unexpected skin lesion during the treatment.
- You experienced breathing or lung problems (including inflammation or fluid in the lungs) after taking hydrochlorothiazide in the past.
- You develop diarrhoea that is severe, continues for a long time, and causes weight loss.
- You notice a decrease in vision or eye pain.
- You develop symptoms like thirst, dryness of the mouth, muscle pain or cramps, low blood pressure, feeling weak, sluggish, tired, sleepy or restless, nausea, vomiting, less need to pass urine.
- You are due to have tests for parathyroid function.
- You are pregnant, you plan on becoming pregnant soon, or become pregnant during the course of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Olmezest H 40 tablet contains a combination of olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide as active substances.
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. The tightening of the blood vessels restricts proper blood flow and causes the blood pressure to increase. When this substance is blocked, the blood vessels relax and blood flow occurs easily. As a result, the blood pressure is lowered. ...
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by making your kidneys produce more urine. This leads to a reduction in blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Olmezest H 40 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olmezest H 40 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Olmezest H 40 tablet should not be used along with medicines containing lithium, ACE-inhibitors (captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, benazepril, fosinopril), angiotensin II receptor blockers (azilsartan, fimasartan), aliskiren, medicines affecting potassium levels (potassium-sparing diuretics like spironolactone, potassium supplements, salt substitutes containing potassium, other medicinal products that may increase potassium levels like heparin), and bile acid sequestering agent colesevelam....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm, abnormal cholesterol levels, skeletal muscle relaxants, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Olmezest H 40 tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmezest H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose of Olmezest H 40 tablet include dehydration, altered electrolyte levels, decreased heart rate, decreased blood pressure, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Olmezest H 40 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is essential hypertension (high blood pressure) and what are its causes?
Q: How often should I take Olmezest H 40 tablets?
Q: What food and drinks should I avoid if I am taking medicines for high blood pressure?
Q: What are the side effects that can occur with the use of Olmezest H 40 tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 OCtober 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 OCtober 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 OCtober 2022]
- OLMECIP H Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 15 OCtober 2022]