Oflomac Oz Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflomac Oz Tablet Description
Oflomac OZ tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of ofloxacin and ornidazole. It is used for the treatment of diarrhea due to mixed infection in adults. Some common side effects that you m
ay observe are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache and loss of appetite. These side effects are usually mild, but consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects. This medicine may also make you feel dizzy, thus it is advised not to drive after taking this tablet. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised not to take this tablet. Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking Oflomac oz.
|You Save||₹22.82 (14% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Oflomac Oz Tablet
Oflomac OZ tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of Oflomac Oz Tablet
- If you are allergic to Oflomac OZ tablet or any of the ingredients of Oflomac oz.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits.
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflomac Oz Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Altered taste
- Stomach ache
- Disturbed attention
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac Oz Tablet
Can I take Oflomac OZ tablet during pregnancy?
It is preferable to avoid Oflomac Oz tablet if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Oflomac OZ tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Oflomac OZ tablet can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oflomac OZ tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination after taking Oflomac OZ tablet. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Oflomac OZ tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea.
- You have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it.
- You experience negative thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience fits or have a history of fits.
- You feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have a kidney problem or heart problem.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Oflomac Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Oflomac OZ tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
Directions for Use of Oflomac Oz Tablet
Take Oflomac OZ tablet as directed by your doctor with or without food. Do not crush, break or chew the tablet. Complete the course of antibiotics for effective infection control.
Interactions of Oflomac Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Oflomac OZ tablet works or the Oflomac OZ itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Oflomac Oz Tablet
- Store Oflomac OZ tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Oflomac Oz Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking Oflomac OZ tablet?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: For how many days do I need to take Oflomac OZ tablet?
A: Take Oflomac OZ as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Oflomac OZ tablet addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive.
Q: Can I take more than the recommended dose of Oflomac OZ tablet to feel better faster?
A: No, taking medicine more than recommended will not make you feel better but will cause unwanted effects like drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. Do not take this medicine more than the prescribed dose.
Q: What is Oflomac Oz used for?
A: Oflomac Oz is a combination of two antibiotics, that is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults.
Q: Can I take Oflomac Oz for a toothache?
A: No, Oflomac Oz is not effective for toothache. Toothache can be due to any reason. The doctor will prescribe the medicine after diagnosis. You must avoid taking any antibiotic medicine in any case.
Q: When should I take the Oflomac Oz?
A: Oflomac oz should be taken exactly as told by the doctor. It would be best if taken along with food, that will make it less likely to cause stomach upset. Also, do not skip the doses and complete the full course of treatment.
Q: Is Oflomac oz antibiotic?
A: Yes, the Oflomac Oz is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: How long does Oflox oz take to work?
A: Oflox oz can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect of the infection could be seen only after completing the full course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: Can I take Oflox oz for loose motion?
A: You can take the Oflox oz for loose motion, but only if advised by the doctor. Based on the cause and your medical history, your doctor shall prescribe one of these medicines. Take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor and do not self-medicate.
- OFLOX-OZ Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed