Ocurax 800mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ocurax 800 MG Description
Ocurax Tablet is an anti-viral medicine. The active ingredient present is aciclovir (acyclovir) and it helps in stopping or killing of growth of viruses. It should be taken as directed by the doctor
and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹14.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Acyclovir / Aciclovir(800.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Chicken pox, shingles, herpes infection|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Acyclovir / Aciclovir(800.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ocurax 800mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Ocuvir Dt 800mg TabletsBy Fdc Limited5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.10₹ 159.88₹ 31.98/Tablet
- Herperax 800mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 308.00₹ 261.80₹ 26.18/Tablet
- Herpex Dt 800mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 297.40₹ 297.40₹ 59.48/Tablet
Uses of Ocurax 800 MG
Ocurax Tablet is used for the treatment of viral infections such as chickenpox, shingles, herpes infection, genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts), etc.
Contraindications of Ocurax 800 MG
If you are allergic to aciclovir or other ingredients present along with this medicine.
Side effects of Ocurax 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ocurax 800 MG
Can I take the Ocurax Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Ocurax Tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. If pregnancy detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take the Ocurax Tablet while breastfeeding?
Aciclovir passes into the breastmilk, thus consult your doctor before using the Ocurax Tablet during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ocurax Tablet?
Ocurax Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. It is recommended to avoid performing activites like driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ocurax Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Ocurax Tablet. Consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- It is recommended to drink plenty of water during the treatment with the Ocurax Tablet.
Mode of Action of Ocurax 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Ocurax Tablet works by interfering in the virus structure by inhibiting the enzyme required for its multiplication that results in stopping the growth and killing the viruses.
Directions for Use of Ocurax 800 MG
Ocurax Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ocurax 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Ocurax Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like probenecid (used in treating gout), cimetidine (used in treating stomach problems like ulcers), mycophenolate mofetil (used in Crohn's disease) should be used with caution along with this medicine....
- Ocurax Tablet should be used with caution along with mycophenolate mofetil that is used for post-organ transplantation treatment.
Storage and disposal of Ocurax 800 MG
- Store the Ocurax Tablet in a dry place, protected from light, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ocurax 800 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea and vomiting. Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of the Ocurax Tablet or experience any symptoms
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your medicines. If you have missed any dose of the Ocurax Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ocurax Tablet make you tired?
A: No, this medicine does not make you feel tired. You may feel dizzy and experience headaches, however not everyone gets these side effects.
Q: How long should I take Ocurax Tablet?
A: Your treating doctor decides the duration of the treatment depending on the underlying condition and other parameters. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Aciclovir 800 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- ZOVIRAX ORAL FORMULATIONS [Internet]. india-pharma.gsk.com. [cited 8 July 2021].
- CDSCO - Aciclovir [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- Aciclovir 800 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed