Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm contains a combination of three medicines, Polymyxin B and Chloramphenicol are the antibiotic medicines, while Dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain and swelling of the eyes. This medicine is used to treat bacterial eye infections. Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm should be used in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Complete the course given by your doctor. If you find any discomfort after using this medicine or there is no improvement in your condition after using this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm is used to treat the bacterial infection of the eyes.
Contraindications of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
- If you are allergic to any component of this ointment.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
- Burning sensation
- Loss of skin pigmentation
- Allergic rashes, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
Can I use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm during pregnancy?
Do not use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm during pregnancy. Consult your doctor and ask for safer alternatives.
Can I use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm while breastfeeding?
You should not use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm if you breastfeed your child as this medicine may harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have used Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm?
It is not known whether Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm affects your driving ability or not. Drive if you feel you are alert and comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm. However, avoid using alcohol as it can delay the healing or decrease the body's response to infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this ointment for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
How Does It Work?
Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm is a combination of two antibiotics (Polymyxin B and Chloramphenicol) and one steroid medicine (Dexamethasone). Antibiotics kill the bacteria and control infection, while the steroid component of this ointment reduces redness, pain, swelling and discomfort caused due to the infection.
Directions for Use of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
- Use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of ointment as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines such as Phenytoin, Phenobarbitone, Ephedrine and Rifampicin may reduce the effect of this ointment
- Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
- You should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
- Discard any unused medicine safely
Dosage of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm
- As Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm affect my glaucoma?
A: Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm contains a steroid component, which may increase the pressure of your eyes. You should avoid the use of this ointment if you have glaucoma. Consult your doctor and do not self medicate.
Q: Can I use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm for eye ulcers?
A: No, Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm should not be used in case of eye ulcers, as it may worsen the condition. Consult your doctor and take proper treatment.
Q: Can Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm cause blindness?
A: Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm will not cause blindness if used on doctor's advice and in the proper way. However, if it is used for a wrong eye condition of the eye, which has not been advised by your doctor, it may lead to severe complications.
Q: Can I use Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm while wearing my contact lenses?
A: Do not use this medicine while you are wearing contact lenses. Remove contact lenses before the application of Ocupol D Eye Oint 5gm and wait at least 20 minutes or more before reinsertion.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved