Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination medicine containing Rosuvastatin, Aspirin and Clopidogrel. It is used for the lowering the lipid or cholesterol in the blood & blockage of blood ves
els supplying blood to heart, brain and other parts of body. Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets is used in patients at risk of having heart attacks, ischaemic stroke ( decrease blood supply to brain) or peripheral heart diseases (decrease blood supply to other parts of body other than heart and brain). It works by prevention of formation of abnormal lipids in blood. It also works by inhibiting platelet aggregation in blood. Nausea or vomiting, indigestion, headache, muscle pain or joint pain, pain in stomach are some side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹26.23 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(75.0 Mg) + Rosuvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
Uses of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus preventing heart attack, stroke, severe chest pain.
- It is also used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood, when a low fat diet and life style changes did not work
Contraindications of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin, Aspirin, Clopidogel or any other ingredients of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have breathing difficulty after taking this medicine
- If you are suffering from liver disease
- If you have ulcer or bleeding from stomach, bowel or from any other part of the body
- If you have bleeding disorder such as haemophilia (hereditary disease in which blood does not clot properly) or thrombocytopenia (decrease platelet count)
- If you have myopathy (muscle disease)
- If you are taking this medicine together with cyclosporine medicine
- If you are taking methotrexate medicine at dosage more than 15mg in a week
- If you have severe kidney disease or severe liver disease
- If you are pregnant or lactating mother
- If you have bleeding from stomach or bowel or other part of body
Side effects of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle pain or joint pain
- Pain in stomach
- Loose motions or constipation
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an under-active thyroid gland
- You have taken fusidic acid used to treat bacterial infection
- You experience jaundice, fever, bruising, confusion, tiredness
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, liver or kidney
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure or gout
- You have stroke or risk of bleeding or are having heavy menstrual periods
- You have a history of muscle problems or had any problems with during treatment with other lipid-lowering medicines
- You have severe asthma
- You have a surgery planned
- You consume alcohol in excess
- You are above 70 years of age
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years
Mode of Action of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Rosuvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and triglycerides and increasing good cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases, and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
- Aspirin and Clopidogrel work by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibit the blood clot formation. It helps in keeping blood flowing smoothly in your body.
Directions for Use of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with painkillers such as diclofenac, ibuprofen and medicines used to treat psychiatric illness like sertraline, fluoxetine, medicines to treat diabetes like glipizide, glimepiride, as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding and thus should be used cautiously....
- Methotrexate used to treat cancer or other diseases, should not be used along with this medicine as it may be harmful
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with anticoagulants like warfarin, heparin is not recommended as it can increase the risk of bleeding and thus should be used cautiously
- Concomitant use of this medicine is not recommended along omeprazole, esomeprazole used to treat heartburn or probenecid used to treat gout.
- Concomitant use of Rosuvastatin along with medicines like fusidic acid and ezetimibe can damage the muscle tissue and thus your doctor may continuously monitor you. Rosuvastatin should be discontinued throughout the fusidic acid treatment....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like ciclosporin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, ritonavir, indinavir should be avoided if possible as it may alter the effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with prednisone, cortisone used to treat respiratory diseases like asthma, COPD can cause stomach ulcer and bleeding
- Other medicines like abciximab, eptifibatide, propranolol, Metamizole, lithium, digoxin should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Novastat Gold Strip Of 10 Tablets in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain