Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Norflox Tz Lb Tablet contains a combination of Norfloxacin, Tinidazole, and Lactic acid bacillus. This medicine is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to bacteria, amoeba or mixed organisms. It should
be avoided if you are allergic to it or you develop swelling, or pain in your limbs which is associated with the use of similar medicines. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. The common side effects of this medicine are nausea, dry mouth, stomach pain or discomfort, constipation and weakness. These side effects are mostly temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine. Norflox Tz Lb Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age....
Uses of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
Norflox Tz Lb Tablet is used in the treatment of diarrhoea caused by infections due to bacteria, amoeba or mixed organisms.
Contraindications of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
- If you are allergic to this tablet or any other components of it.
- If you have a history of a tendon (tissue joining muscle to bone) infection or tendon rupture or damage with any medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a brain and nerves-related problem.
- If you have a history or any disorder related to blood.
- If you are suffering from muscle weakness due to myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach cramps or pain
- Headache, dizziness
- Body pain
- Dry mouth
- Acidity or heartburn
- Metallic taste or change in taste
- Loss of appetite, weakness
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
Can I take Norflox Tz Lb Tablet during pregnancy?
Norflox Tz Lb Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Norflox Tz Lb Tablet while breastfeeding?
Norflox Tz Lb Tablet passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Norflox Tz Lb Tablet?
Norflox Tz Lb Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Norflox Tz Lb Tablet?
Alcohol and other preparations containing ethanol or propylene glycol should be avoided during treatment with Norflox Tz Lb Tablet and 3 days following the treatment. It may produce symptoms like stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, and skin redness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have tendon or nerve problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm, and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung.
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- You have fits, restlessness, light-headedness, confusion, and hallucinations or are suffering from a brain disorder.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues.
- You have a condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as Norflox Tz Lb Tablet may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You are above 60 years of age, as older people may be at the risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
- Patient on this treatment should drink enough water to keep the body hydrated as this medicine increases the chances of crystal formation in urine.
- Norflox Tz Lb Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
Mode of Action of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet kills bacteria and protozoa that are responsible for diarrhoea and maintains the healthy bacteria in the intestine.
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that damages the bacterial DNA and eventually kills them. It helps in clearing different types of bacterial infections.
- Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent that produces free radicals and damages the cells and DNA of protozoa.
- Lactic acid bacillus is a beneficial and friendly bacteria that restores the balance of good bacteria and also helps in the proper digestion of food in the intestine. Lack of these bacteria also produces diarrhoea....Read more
Directions for Use of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
Swallow Norflox Tz Lb Tablet as a whole with sufficient water. Do not break, cut or chew this medicine. You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not c
onsume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Theophylline, may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking, and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use with blood thinners like warfarin, coumadin, etc. may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide, along with this medicine, can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron, & zinc), antacids, sucralfate, and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours aftertaking this tablet....Read more
- Concomitant use of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet along with Nitrofurantoin (used to treat infection) is not recommended as it may alter the effects of Norfloxacin.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.), may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taking this tablet along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Medicines like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin (used in epilepsy), Rifampin (used in tuberculosis), Cholestyramine (used to decrease blood cholesterol levels), Oxytetracycline (used in infections) decreasesthe effectiveness of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet....Read more
- Medicines like Cimetidine (used in stomach and intestinal ulcers) and Ketoconazole (fungal infections) increases the chances of side effects of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet in the body.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fluorouracil, Indapamide, Digoxin, and Lithium should be used cautiously along with Norflox Tz Lb Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Norflox Tz Lb Tablets should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products.
Storage and disposal of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
Store Norflox Tz Lb Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets. Do not use this medicine once the
expiry date has passed. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would help if you never missed your dose of Norflox Tz Lb Tablet as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip
the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Norflox Tz Lb Tablet used for?
A: Norflox Tz Lb Tablet is used to treat infectious diarrhoea caused by bacterial, amoebic, or mixed organisms.
Q: Can a diabetic patient take Norflox Tz Lb Tablet?
A: There are chances of a decrease in blood glucose levels with Norflox Tz Lb Tablet. Hence, you should always consult your doctor before using this medicine in diabetic patients.
Q: Can I have Norflox Tz Lb Tablet during the 9th month of pregnancy?
A: Norflox Tz Lb Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety and efficacy. You should always consult a doctor before starting any medicine and should avoid self-medicating.
Q: Can Norflox Tz Lb Tablet be taken for the long term?
A: No, these tablets should only be consumed for the duration advised by your doctor. If you use it for more or less duration than prescribed, there are chances that the next dose of this medicine won’t be effective due to bacteria's development of resistance.
Q: What is Norflox Tz Lb Tablet?
A: Norflox Tz Lb Tablet is a combination of medicines, Tinidazole, Norfloxacin, and Lactic acid bacillus. It is used to treat diarrhoea, caused due to an infection. It works by killing the bacteria and protozoa responsible for diarrhoea and maintaining the healthy bacteria in the intestine.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 05:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved