Nordys Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nordys Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with diarrhoea in adults. It contains rifaximin as its active ingredient. It works by killing the growth of bacteria that cause infectious diarrhoea. Nordys Tablet should be used under medical prescription. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nordys Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Nordys 400 MG
Nordys Tablet is used in adults to treat infectious diarrhoea and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) with diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Nordys 400 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of the Nordys Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea with blood or fever.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, abdominal pain or constipation.
- If you experience allergic reactions after using medicines like rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Nordys 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nordys 400 MG
Can I take Nordys Tablet during pregnancy?
Nordys Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. It is essential to consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Nordys Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Rifaximin passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed, while taking Nordys Tablet. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nordys Tablet?
Nordys Tablet may cause dizziness. Thus, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Nordys Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Nordys Tablet. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms like dizziness (or light-headedness), dry mouth, decreased urination and increased thirst.
- You experience severe diarrhoea while or after using Nordys Tablet, discontinue taking the medicine immediately and contact your doctor.
- Consume enough fluids and keep yourself hydrated as diarrhoea can cause dehydration.
Mode of Action of Nordys 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Nordys Tablet slows down the bacterial growth by interfering with the mechanisms of cell growth in the bacterial cell. Thus, stopping the growth and multiplication of the infection causing microorganism. It does not get absorbed in the bloodstream and passes through the stomach and intestines. Therefore, it is primarily used to treat bacterial infections in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Nordys 400 MG
- Nordys Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nordys 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nordys Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like erythromycin, warfarin, azithromycin, cyclosporine, diltiazem and anti-fungal medications might interact with this Tablet when taken simultaneously.
- Nordys Tablet might also interact with cholera and BCG vaccines.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice or the fruit itself while on treatment with Nordys Tablet, to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Nordys 400 MG
- Store Nordys Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Nordys 400 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Nordys Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Nordys Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Nordys Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhea and hepatic encephalopathy.
Q: What should I do if I missed a dose of Nordys Tablet?
A: It is suggested not to miss a dose of antibiotics like Nordys Tablet as it can cause antibiotic resistance. As soon as you recall about the missed dose, take it. However, do not take it in excess doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Q: What do I need to inform my doctor about the diarrhoea?
A: Give a detailed nature of the diarrhoea to your doctor, for example, if it is associated with fever or about the presence or absence of blood in the stools. Also, inform your doctor if you are taking any other antibiotic medications, as some antibiotics might cause diarrhoea.
Q: For how long can I take Nordys?
A: The doctor will prescribe the medicine to you for a specific duration, depending on the cause and severity of the medical condition. Do not take it for a longer time than your doctor prescribed.
Q: Is there any side effect of Nordys Tablet?
A: Nausea, flatulence (gas), stomach ache, headache, etc., are a few common side effects of Nordys Tablet. However, not everyone experiences it.
Q: Is Nordys a probiotic?
A: No, Nordys Tablet is not an antibiotic. It contains rifaximin, which is an antibiotic medicine.
- DailyMed - XIFAXAN- rifaximin tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- TARGAXAN Tablet- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.