Nitravet 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Nitravet 5 MG Description
Nitravet 5 mg tablet is a prescription medicine given to people with insomnia. Insomnia refers to the inability to sleep. It can disrupt everyday life, making someone irritated, tired and stressed du
e to lack of sleep. Nitravet tablet has Nitrazepam as the active ingredient. Nitrazepam belongs to hypnotic benzodiazepine. It works by regulating the brain's activity by increasing the chemical named GABA, thus inducing sleep. Nitravet 5 mg tablet can exhibit various side effects like dizziness, confusion, nausea, tremor, unsteadiness and fatigue. Nitravet tablet should be taken only according to the doctor's recommended dose and schedule. The dose should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor, as it can worsen the situation. Kindly report proper medical history to the doctor to avoid any interaction or adverse effects.
Uses of Nitravet 5 MG
- Nitravet tablet is used in the treatment of the following:
Contraindications of Nitravet 5 MG
- Nitravet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Nitrazepam
- If you have a respiratory disorder like pulmonary insufficiency or respiratory depression
- If you suffer from Myasthenia gravis (muscular disorder)
- If you have a sleep disorder like sleep apnea
Side effects of Nitravet 5 MG
- Side effects of Nitravet include the following:
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Nitravet 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of kidney, liver, and respiratory disorders
- You are suffering from epilepsy
- You or your family member has a history of mental illness like depression
- You have suicidal thoughts after taking the Nitravet tablet
- You are currently taking any medicine, vitamins or supplements, even if it is ayurvedic or any other category
- You want to drive or operate any heavy machinery after taking Nitravet tablet
- You want to stop or alter the dose of the Nitravet tablet. Kindly do not discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor, as it can worsen the situation
- You have withdrawal symptoms like lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, tremors, sweating, flushing etc.
- You have formed a habit and feel the urge to take the medicine beyond the dose
Mode of Action of Nitravet 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nitravet 5 MG
- Take Nitravet tablet only if advised by the doctor. It is generally prescribed for a shorter duration to relieve insomnia symptoms.
- Take Nitravet tablet with or without food as per your choice.
- Adhere to a proper routine and timings of taking the tablet. It is usually taken 30-45 minutes before sleeping time.
- Consume Nitravet tablet orally with water. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Avoid the use of alcohol and caffeinated beverages while taking Nitravet tablets.
Interactions of Nitravet 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nitravet tablet can interact with Acetaminophen (painkiller). It can increase the risk of damage to the liver if taken with Acetaminophen.
- Alprazolam, Lorazepam (anti-anxiety), Cetrizine (anti-allergic), Thioridazine (antipsychotic) can increase the risk of severity of side effects if taken with Nitravet.
- Aminophylline (medicine for asthma) can decrease the efficacy of Nitravet.
- Carbamazepine (anti-epileptic) can alter the function of the thyroid gland if combined with Nitravet.
- Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (anti-fungal) can decrease the metabolism of Nitravet.
- Hydrocodone, Tramadol (painkiller) can increase the depressive effect on the nervous system if combined.
- Fluoxetine (anti-depressant), Ritonavir(anti-viral) can increase the concentration of Nitrazepam (Nitravet) in the body.
- Phenytoin (anti-epileptic) can increase the metabolism of Nitravet.
Interactions with food items
- Nitravet is not known to interact with any particular food item.