Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
20 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nikoran 5 mg tablet is used to prevent & treat chest pain that is related to the heart. It contains nicorandil as an active ingredient. Take this medicine only after consulting the doctor. It should b
e taken in dose and duration as prescribed. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or have any heart diseases. Nikoran 5 mg tablet is not recommended in children. You may experience side effects like headaches, nausea, vomiting, redness of the skin, etc. You should contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Nikoran 5 mg tablet....
Uses of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Nikoran 5 mg tablet is used for the prevention and long-term treatment of heart-related chest pain.
Contraindications of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Nicorandil or any other components of Nikoran 5 mg tablet
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are suffering from any heart problems
- If your doctor has told you that you have a build-up of fluid in your lung
- If you are taking medications like vardenafil, sildenafil, etc. to treat impotency or riociguat to treat a lung disease
Side effects of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
- Skin redness
Precautions and Warnings of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Nikoran 5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
It would be preferable if you could avoid using Nikoran 5 mg tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Nikoran 5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Nikoran 5 mg tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding because it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nikoran 5 mg tablet?
Nikoran 5 mg tablet may cause dizziness or blurred vision as side effects, thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nikoran 5 mg tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Nikoran 5 mg tablet as it is unsafe and may lower your blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from some heart condition.
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You have a low blood potassium level and are on medications for it.
- You notice red, itchy, swollen eyes, experience mouth ulcers, blood in your stools or vomit, etc. after taking Nikoran 5 mg tablet.
- Nikoran 5 mg tablet is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Nikoran 5 mg tablet works by improving the blood and oxygen supply of the heart muscle and reducing its workload, thus increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart.
Directions for Use of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Take Nikoran 5 mg tablet exactly as directed by the physician; swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush, or chew the medicine. It is es
sential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount....
Interactions of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Nikoran 5 mg tablet.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with medicine like sildenafil, vardenafil (used to treat sexual problems in men), riociguat (used in lung and heart diseases) as it may lead to a serious drop in blood pressure....Read more
- This medicine may alter the effects of certain medicines like captopril (used in heart diseases), Amitriptyline (used to treat mental health) when used concomitantly.
- Medicines like dapoxetine (used in men to treat sexual problems), prednisone (used in asthma) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- This medicine when taken concomitantly along with painkillers like acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen, ibuprofen may increase the risk of complications like bleeding, ulcers in the stomach, and intestines....Read more
- You need to be very cautious when taking this medicine along with other medicines that may increase your potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
Nikoran 5 mg tablet may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Nikoran 5 mg tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets. Avoid taking this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Nikoran 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Overdose of Nikoran 5 mg tablet may lead to a fall in blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc) and fast heart rate. Contact your doctor immediately or
visit the nearest hospital if you experience any of the symptoms, or think you have taken too much of Nikoran 5 mg tablet....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Nikoran 5 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate f
or the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Nikoran 5 mg tablet?
A: Take it with a glass of water, with or without food or as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole, do not break, cut, or chew the medicine.
Q: Can I take Nikoran 5 mg tablet if I am pregnant?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine as there is limited information about its safety for use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: What are the side effects of Nikoran 5 mg tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, skin redness, weakness, fast or irregular heartbeats.
Q: Do I have to take Nikoran 5 mg tablet with or without food?
A: This medicine should be taken as instructed by the doctor. It can either be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Nikoran 5 mg tablet be used in children?
A: No, it is not recommended for use in children as there is limited information about its safety.
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- CDSCO - Nicorandil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- Nicorandil [Internet]. Lhch.nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- Nicorandil - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
Last Updated on: 07 Sep 2021 | 06:25 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved