Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Nifedipine as its active ingredient and is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. While taking this medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used in adult patients to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Nifedipine or any other ingredients of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you have taken Nifedipine before and felt that your heart pain had worsened.
- If you experience a sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have any kind of heart problems.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Rifampicin to treat tuberculosis.
- If you have a kock pouch (surgical procedure) in your gut.
- If you suffer from a blood condition called Porphyria.
Side effects of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Dry mouth
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used if you are pregnant as there is limited information about its safety. Animal studies have known to cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended to be used in women who are breastfeeding as components of this medicine are likely to pass into your milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may experience side effects like dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness or blurred vision while taking this medicine. Thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure
- You have liver problems
- You are on kidney dialysis
- You have any problems with your heart
- You have diabetes, as the treatment may have to be adjusted
- Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old
Mode of Action of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The heart muscles require calcium for contraction. Nifedipine in Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets works by blocking this calcium from entering the heart muscles and blood vessels, thus relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Directions for Use of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed the dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly along with Rifampicin (antibiotic).
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this tablet and should thus be used cautiously.read less
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit while on treatment with Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of this medicine may lead to irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure. Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness, coma.read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be used in children?
A: No, this medicine should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited information about its safety and effectiveness.
Q: How to take Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food, but it would be best if you took it at a fixed time for effective results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Nifedipine as its main component. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure in adult patients.
Q: Can I stop taking Nicardia Xl 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved