Newven Od 100mg Tablets
Newven Od Er 100 MG Description
Newven Od 100 mg tablet is an antidepressant medication used to treat major depressive disorders (clinical depression), which is a type of mood disorder. It is characterised by episodes of sadness, m
od swings, loss of interest, feelings of hopelessness, and loneliness. The active ingredient in Newven Od 100 mg tablet is Desvenlafaxine. The mode of action of Newven Od 100 mg tablets is by increasing certain chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline) in the brain, which helps manage the symptoms of depression and elevates mood. Dosage and duration of Newven Od 100 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine can cause behavioural changes or increase suicidal thoughts in some cases. Some common side effects of Newven Od 100 mg tablets include nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dry mouth, sweating, constipation, and sexual dysfunction.
Uses of Newven Od Er 100 MG
- As per CDSCO, Newven Od 100 mg tablets are used to treat major depressive disorder.
Contraindications of Newven Od Er 100 MG
- Do not take Newven Od 100 mg tablets or use caution:
- If you are allergic to desvenlafaxine.
- If you take other antidepressants, especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) and antipsychotic medications
- If you have glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you are less than 18 years of age
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you have respiratory issues like asthma or sleep apnea
- If you have heart disease
- If you are pregnant or nursing
Side effects of Newven Od Er 100 MG
- Side effects of Newven Od 100 mg tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Newven Od Er 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction after taking Newven Od 100 mg tablets.
- You have sudden mood or behaviour changes.
- You engage in suicidal ideation or have self-harming thoughts.
- You have symptoms akin to Serotonin Syndrome.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- Your symptoms worsen.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating, and confusion.
- You use Ayurvedic or herbal medicines, vitamins and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Newven Od Er 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Newven Od Er 100 MG
- Take Newven Od 100 mg tablets in prescribed doses.
- Take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this tablet on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Swallow the whole pill orally with a full glass of water. Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications as this can cause interaction issues.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this medication as it may lead to withdrawal effects.
- Do not consume if the medicine has expired.
- Do not exceed the dosage on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Newven Od Er 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Newven Od 100 mg tablets should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, selegiline, rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Concomitant use of Newven Od 100 mg tablets with antidepressants (like clomipramine, desipramine, imipramine, amitriptyline, amoxapine, etc.), opioids, and other CNS depressants is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death....
- Newven Od 100 mg tablets interaction with metoprolol can lead to excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- Newven Od 100 mg tablets interaction with antipsychotics (haloperidol and pimozide), antihistamines, and tricyclic antidepressants can alter heart rhythm.
- Newven Od 100 mg tablets interaction with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, and other medications that affect coagulation can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Interaction of Newven Od 100 mg tablets with azole antifungals, clarithromycin, or CYP2C19 inhibitors (fluconazole, omeprazole, and fluvoxamine) may cause increased serum levels.
- Newven Od 100 mg tablets interaction with herbal products like St John's Wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid tyramine-rich foods such as cheese, milk, meat, chocolate, chicken liver, grapes etc., when on treatment with Newven Od 100 mg tablets.
Storage and disposal of Newven Od Er 100 MG
Dosage of Newven Od Er 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Newven Od 100 mg tablets to see the desired effects?
Q: I have been taking Newven Od 100 mg tablets for a few weeks. Overall, my symptoms are improving, but this medicine affects my sex life. What should I do?
Q: Are Newven Od 100 mg tablets a habit-forming medicine?
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]
- Drugs H. Desvenlafaxine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]
- Desvenlafaxine: Uses, side Effects, Warnings [Internet]. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]
- DESVENLAFAXINE tablet, extended release [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]
- PRISTIQ (desvenlafaxine) Extended-Release Tablets [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]