Newcita Lite Tablet
Newcita Lite Tablet Description
Newcita Lite tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for mood disorders, anxiety and depression. It is a combination of two drugs: escitalopram (10 mg) and clonazepam (0.25 mg). Escitalopra
is an antidepressant, and it belongs to the SSRI ( selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) class of drugs. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser, and it belongs to a class of benzodiazepines. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel. Major depressive disorder is one of the mood disorders. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. It can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Newcita Lite tablets help stabilise the mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It can also cause a calming mood and sedation effect. The dose of Newcita Lite tablets should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause physical dependence and has habit-forming potential. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as it can interact with them and have undesirable side effects.
|You Save||₹23.32 (22% on MRP)|
|Contains||Citalopram(5.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Newcita Lite Tablet
- Treatment of anxiety disorder.
- Treatment of major depressive disorder.
- Treatment of insomnia or sleeplessness.
- Relieves symptoms like difficulty in concentration.
- Relieves symptoms like restlessness.
Contraindications of Newcita Lite Tablet
- If you are allergic to any components of the Newcita Lite tablet.
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, as they can interfere, they can cause adverse reactions.
- If you have a history of alcohol or drug addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, an eye condition. This medicine increases fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you have liver disease, it may need some dose adjustment.
- If you have bleeding issues or are on a blood thinner, it can increase bleeding.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic drugs.
- If you have any heart condition.
Side effects of Newcita Lite Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Newcita Lite Tablet
Other General Warnings
- The effects of the drug are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
- Do not give it to children below 18 years of age as not enough studies on this drug's safety Doctors might prescribe it if the benefits outweigh the risks.
- If you are using any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation, consult your doctor first.
- If you have any respiratory diseases, use this drug with caution.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any herbal medicines or supplements
- If you are driving, it can impair your driving ability.
- Most of the side effects do not need medical treatment if you take the drug in the exact dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. But, if you are experiencing these side effects persistently, consult your doctor....
Mode of Action of Newcita Lite Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Newcita Lite Tablet
- Take the Newcita Lite tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take this tablet (whole) with a glass of water.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects
Interactions of Newcita Lite Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some severe reactions.
- Opiates or narcotic painkillers with Newcita Lite tablets can increase the side effects.
- Anti-epileptic drugs for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the effects of this medication.
- Anti-depression medication, do not use it without informing your doctor as they can have severe reactions.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with alcohol.
- Do not take Newcita Lite tablets with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the drug and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.
Storage and disposal of Newcita Lite Tablet
Dosage of Newcita Lite Tablet
- Newcita Lite tablet overdose can cause symptoms like dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, increased heart rate, sodium and potassium electrolyte imbalance. If you overdose on this tablet and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a Newcita Lite tablet for a long time?
Q: Can Newcita Lite tablets cause erectile dysfunction in me?
- Newcita Lite tablet can have undesirable side effects and lower sexual desire(libido) in men and women. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any changes in your sexual desires....
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of escitalopram oxalate and Clonazepam in tablet dosage form [Internet]. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. Medknow Publications; 2009 [cited 2022Jan20]. Available from:
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of benzodiazepines to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors to optimize treatment of depression: A hospital based study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. [cited 2022Jan20]. Available from: