Neopride Total Capsule
Neopride Total capsule is an antacid that helps relieve heartburn, chest discomfort, chest pain that arises due to excessive acid production in the stomach. It is a combination medicine containing ra
beprazole and levosulpiride. Neopride Total capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration prescribed. You may experience some side effects like headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, gases, constipation and weakness. These side effects are usually mild and short-lived, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. This medicine is not recommended for children and the elderly. Please inform your doctor about your medical conditions before using Neopride Total capsule.
|You Save||₹24.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levosulpiride(75.0 Mg) + Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastrointestinal reflux disease|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, gases, constipation|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
- Rabinol Lsr CapsuleBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 217.00₹ 184.45₹ 18.45/Capsule
- Rabesec Ls Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.65₹ 169.70₹ 16.97/Capsule
- Rabalkem Ls CapsuleBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 220.00₹ 187.00₹ 18.70/Capsule
- Strovo L CapsuleBy D.r. Johns Lab Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 211.75₹ 179.99₹ 18.00/Capsule
- Rabepace Ls Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Elinor Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 262.90₹ 223.47₹ 22.35/Capsule
- Acera L CapsuleBy Ipca Laboratories10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 217.60₹ 184.96₹ 18.5/Capsule
- Rabee L CapsulesBy Rpg Life Sciences Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 174.90₹ 148.66₹ 14.87/Capsule
- Razo L CapsuleBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 331.75₹ 281.99₹ 28.20/Capsule
- Rabez L Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 116.00₹ 98.60₹ 9.86/Capsule
- Rabicip L CapsuleBy Cipla Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 230.58₹ 195.99₹ 19.60/Capsule
Uses of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
Contraindications of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, levosulpiride or any other ingredients of Neopride Total capsule.
- If you are suffering from fits or have a history of fits.
- If you have a mental disorder and you have difficulty in walking, balance and coordination.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Should not be given to children & the elderly.
Side effects of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
- Abdominal pain
- Bloating, gas
Precautions and Warnings of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
- There is no adequate information available on the use of Neopride Total capsule for pregnancy, thus consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergic reactions like skin rashes and other skin reactions.
- You have a history of an allergic reaction due to a similar medicine.
- You develop an infection after taking Neopride Total capsule.
- You have a fever, muscle rigidity and irregular heartbeats, movement problems.
- You have a history of brain tumour, fits, heart disease, lumpy breast, etc.
- You have low vitamin B12 levels, blood and liver problems, stomach bleeding, ulcers or tumour in the stomach. You have any heart diseases, bleeding disorders or tendency to bleed easily....
- Taking Neopride Total capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Directions for Use of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
- Take Neopride Total capsule as directed by your doctor.
- Consume the capsule as a whole with a glass of water, do not break or crush the capsule.
- It should be taken before food.
Storage and disposal of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
- Store Neopride Total capsule below 30°C away from light and heat.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the medicine if it is unused or has expired.
Dosage of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
How Does It Work?
- Rabeprazole blocks the secretion of acid in the stomach by acting on a pump called the proton pump in the stomach and is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Levosulpiride increases the motility of the stomach and intestine so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of NEOPRIDE TOTAL CAPSULE
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Ketoconazole or Itraconazole used to treat fungal infections, Atazanavir used in the treatment of HIV may not work properly when taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to neutralise gastric acids & to treat ulcer-like sucralfate should be taken with at least 2 hours of gap.
- Your blood pressure may drop if you are taking antihypertensive medicine along with this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate or Tacrolimus, then levels of these can increase, causing side effects.
- Blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin. Blood clotting parameters should be monitored closely.
- If you are taking medicines like Levodopa to treat a brain disorder called parkinsonism.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take Neopride Total 75 mg capsule along with Digoxin, Atomoxetine, Cisapride, Quinine, Furosemide, steroids and stool softeners.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Levosulpiride is an antipsychotic medicine. How can it treat stomach disorders?
Q: When should I use Neopride Total capsules?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Neopride Total capsules?
Q: Can I take this capsule for a long period of time?
- RABICIP L Capsules (Rabeprazole sodium + Levosulpiride ) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- VELOZ L [Internet].Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- PARIET 20mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- Lavazeo [Internet].Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]
- PARIET 20mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 September 2021]