Multistat 5mg Tablet
Multistat 5 MG Description
Multistat Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine. It contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol or to correct abnormal cholesterol along with
dietary and lifestyle modifications. It is also used to slow down the progression of atherosclerosis (narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up) and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. This medicine works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor.
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness constipation, headache|
- Rozutin 5mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.00₹ 53.209.83% CHEAPER₹ 5.32/Tablet
- Novastat 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.60₹ 143.31₹ 9.55/Tablet
- Turbovas 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.50₹ 90.52₹ 6.03/Tablet
- Rosimit 5mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 66.00₹ 6.6/Tablet
- Advastat 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fusion Health Care10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 71.10₹ 7.11/Tablet
- Bestor 5mg TabletBy Biocon Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.94₹ 61.27₹ 6.13/Tablet
- Lipirose 5mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.20₹ 54.577.46% CHEAPER₹ 5.46/Tablet
- Rozustat 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.25₹ 103.06₹ 6.87/Tablet
- Statpure 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 67.15₹ 6.72/Tablet
- Rxtor 5mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.25₹ 80.11₹ 8.01/Tablet
Uses of Multistat 5 MG
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels and to correct abnormal cholesterol.
- To slow down the progression of atherosclerosis, a condition of narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of heart-related conditions such as stroke and heart attack.
Contraindications of Multistat 5 MG
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any liver-related conditions.
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
Side effects of Multistat 5 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Multistat 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems.
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You consume alcohol frequently or in excess.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
Mode of Action of Multistat 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Multistat 5 MG
Interactions of Multistat 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Multistat works or Multistat itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- In particular, if you are taking a blood thinner, medicines used to suppress immune function, any hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptives, other medicines used to lower blood cholesterol and antiviral medicines used for the treatment of HIV and Hepatitis. ...
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Multistat 5 MG
- Store it below 30°C in the original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Multistat 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)