Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
By CIPLA LIMITED
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxicip Tablet contains Moxifloxacin. It is used to treat bacterial infection of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. Moxicip Tablet works by stopping and killing the growth of bacteria that cause infection. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Provide detailed information about medical conditions and medications along with family history to your doctor. Moxicip Tablet should not be used for pregnant and nursing mothers. You may experience headache, dizziness, diarrhoea and stomach pain as a side effect of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, then consult with your doctor.
Uses of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
Moxicip Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection such as infection of the sinuses, sudden worsening of long-term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs (pneumonia) acquired outside the hospital, infections of the female upper genital tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue in adults.
Contraindications of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
- If you are allergic to Moxifloxacin or any other component of Moxicip Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you have any heart-related disease or disorder including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have or had an imbalanced electrolyte level.
- If you had experienced tendon disease or disorder due to treatment with quinolone class of medicine.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
- Stomach Pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Oral or vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
Can I take Moxicip Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Moxicip Tablet on pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Moxicip Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Moxicip Tablet on nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxicip Tablet?
Moxicip Tablet may cause dizziness and headache and affect the ability to drive. If you experience these symptoms, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxicip Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Moxicip Tablet as it may increase the undesired effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases, including an irregular heartbeat.
- You are on any medication to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterized by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level after taking Moxicip Tablet.
- You experience vision disorder or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Moxicip Tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure of direct or indirect sunlight when on Moxicip Tablet, always use sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
How Does It Work?
Moxicip Tablet works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
- Moxicip Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.read less
Interactions of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat irregular heartbeat such as quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodarone; medicine used in brain diseases such as phenothiazines, pimozide, sertindole, amitriptyline; antimicrobial medicine to treat bacterial infection such as saquinavir, sparfloxacin, erythromycin IV, pentamidine; antiallergic medicine such as terfenadine, astemizole, mizolastine should not be used concomitantly with Moxicip Tablet.read less
- Medicine known to lower potassium level such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, amphotericin B, prednisolone should not be used concomitantly with Moxicip Tablet.
- Medicine such as sucralfate used to treat acidity and medicine containing zinc and iron should not be co-administered with Moxicip Tablet.
- Charcoal should not be administered along with Moxicip Tablet as it can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Moxicip Tablet may enhance the effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin.
- Moxicip Tablet may lower the effect of blood sugar-lowering medications such as glibenclamide when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moxicip 400 Mg Tablet 4
- Excess of Moxicip Tablet may alter the heart rhythm characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Moxicip Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Moxicip Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Moxicip Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment, else there are chances of recurrence of an infection.
Q: Can the use of Moxicip Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Moxicip Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.read less
Q: What precautions do I need to take while taking Moxicip Tablet?
- Avoid direct or indirect exposure of sunlight or ultraviolet light during the therapy with Moxicip Tablet and apply sunscreen.
- Avoid any other vitamin or mineral supplements or medicines while on this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart disease.
- Reach out to the doctor soon if you experience fits, irregular heartbeats or any other symptoms.
Q: Is Moxicip Tablet effective?
A: Moxicip Tablet is effective if you take it at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, then the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
Q: Can Moxicip Tablet be used to treat an ear infection?
A: No, Moxicip Tablet cannot be used to treat an ear infection.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 05:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved