Montair Fx Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Montair FX tablet is a combination of two medicines, Montelukast and Fexofenadine. They belong to a class of anti-allergic medicines. Montair FX tablet is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness.
Uses of Montair Fx Tablet
Montair FX tablet is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in adults only.
Contraindications of Montair Fx Tablet
If you are allergic to Montelukast and Fexofenadine or any of the ingredient of Montair FX tablet.
Side effects of Montair Fx Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Throat infection
Precautions and Warnings of Montair Fx Tablet
Can I take Montair FX tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Montair FX tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Montair FX tablet while breastfeeding?
Montair FX tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as there is limited information about the effects of this medicine in breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Montair FX tablet?
If you experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking Montair FX tablet, do not drive or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Montair FX tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol along with Montair FX tablet, especially if you have any liver disease. Consuming alcohol while taking this medicine can worsen the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any blood disorder, abnormal blood count and swelling of blood vessels.
- You have any heart-related disorder, joint disorder or muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from any brain-related problems like aggression, anxiety, depression, abnormal dreams, lack of sleep, irritation, restlessness or suicidal thoughts.
- You have known allergy to aspirin or other painkillers or you have acute asthma.
- You have kidney or liver function problem or you are an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing rapid heartbeats, palpitations and excessive sweating
Mode of Action of Montair Fx Tablet
How Does It Work?
Montelukast works by blocking the action of allergic mediator leukotrienes by binding to leukotriene receptors and helps in relieving the symptoms of allergy. Fexofenadine works by blocking the action of natural substance histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montair Fx Tablet
Montair FX tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Montair Fx Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Performance may be impared with decreased alertness, if medicines acting on the brain to produce calmness are taken along with Montair FX.
- Concomitant use of antibiotics such as erythromycin or antifungal such as Ketoconazole can increase the levels of this medicine.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 2 hours between the administration of Montair FX and antacid medicines containing aluminium and magnesium.
- Other medicines such as Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Rifampin and Gemfibrozil should be used cautiously. Inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.
- Montair FX tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
Interactions with food items
You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice, orange or apple while taking the Montair FX tablet as it may interfere with the activity of this tablet.
Storage and disposal of Montair Fx Tablet
- Store Montair FX tablets at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Montair Fx Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Montair FX include stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst feeling, headache, vomiting, altered mental state, drowsiness, dry mouth, tiredness and dizziness. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Montair FX tablet in acute attacks of asthma?
A: Montair FX is not indicated for use in the reversal of bronchospasm in acute asthma attacks including status asthmaticus.
Q: Can I take Montair FX tablet with grape juice?
A: Do not take this medicine with grapefruit juice. Also, do not take with apple and orange.
Q: Can I take Montair FX tablet in pregnancy?
A: Yes, it can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Due to inadequate information on its safety in pregnancy, you should avoid self-medication.
Q: Can I stop taking Montair FX tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor, stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What is Montair FX used for?
A: Montair FX is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis or hay fever such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms.
Q: Which is better - Montair LC or Montair FX?
A: Both Montair LC and Montair FX are anti-allergic medicines used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis. There is a difference in their composition. Montair LC contains a combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine while Montair FX contains a combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe to you after accessing your disease condition.
Last Updated on: 30 Oct 2020 | 05:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved