Monotrace 10mg Tablet
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monotrace Tablet contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called 'coronary vasodilators'. It is used for the prevention of chest pain or angina due to reduced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a followup treatment after a heart attack. Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin. Take this medicine regularly along with making certain lifestyle modifications for better heart health....
|You Save||₹7.21 (35% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Isosorbide Mononitrate(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent angina attacks, Treat coronary heart diseases|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Isosorbide Mononitrate(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Monotrace 10 MG
- For the prevention of angina attacks.
- For the treatment of coronary heart diseases.
- As a followup treatment post-heart attack.
- For the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
Contraindications of Monotrace 10 MG
Known allergy to isosorbide mononitrate or any ingredients of this medicine. If you have low blood pressure, acute heart attack, bleeding inside the brain. If you have any other heart condition or disorder of heart muscle and narrowed heart valves. If you have less volume of blood in your body or had a head injury. If you have a problem with blood circulation or shock or circulatory failure. If you have or had a head injury (trauma) or an eye condition (glaucoma)....
Side effects of Monotrace 10 MG
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Monotrace 10 MG
Can I take Monotrace Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is preferable not to take this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Monotrace Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding should be discontinued while taking Monotrace Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Monotrace Tablet?
This medicine can cause a drop in blood pressure that can lead to dizziness, mainly during the beginning of the treatment. It can also give headache and affect your vision, hence it is advisable to avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Monotrace Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as it can lead to a significant drop in blood pressure and cause dizziness, fainting and headache.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, increased pressure inside the brain or more susceptible to faint upon reduced blood flow....
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing less thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished, have kidney or liver disorder.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
- This medicine is not helpful in controlling sudden angina attacks or episodes of angina once it has begun.
Mode of Action of Monotrace 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Isosorbide mononitrate present in this medicine releases nitric oxide in the body once it gets metabolised in the body. It then relaxes the blood vessels and improves blood and oxygen supply to the heart. It also reduces the load on the heart and makes it work efficiently....
Directions for Use of Monotrace 10 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this at the same time for effective results.
Interactions of Monotrace 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as Sildenafil, Alprostadil with Monotrace Tablet can increase vasodilation and lower the blood pressure. This can sometimes result in life-threatening conditions like a heart attack....
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glycerol trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of hypotension.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Monotrace 10 MG
- Store Monotrace Tablet below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Monotrace 10 MG
Taking too much of Monotrace Tablet may lead to very low blood pressure and can make you feel sick, dizzy and faint. An excessive overdose can lead to coma or collapse and immediate measures should be taken in order to revive the patient. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearby hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking your medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Never take two doses of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Monotrace Tablet be cut in half?
A: Yes, it comes in a form of dividable tablets. However, you should not break this medicine in two halves unless told by your doctor. Taking excess or less medicine can lead to side effects or reduced action. This can ultimately impact treatment.
Q: What is the composition of Monotrace Tablet?
A: This medicine contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient.
Q: How does Monotrace Tablet work?
A: Monotrace Tablet releases nitric oxide once it gets metabolised in the body. Nitric oxide causes vasodilation, relaxes blood vessels, reduces the blood pressure and load on the heart.
- EMC. Isosorbide Mononitrate Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- AstraZeneca. Imdur Tablets. PI - [Internet]. Astrazeneca.com. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Isosorbide Mononitrate [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.