Mic 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mic 2.5 MG Description
Mic Tablet is used to treat conditions of the stomach and intestine such as heartburn, acidity, indigestion and acid reflux into the food pipe. It contains mosapride as its main component. This table
t works by increasing the movement of food from the stomach to the intestine. It should not be used for children below 18-years of age. Mic should be taken as directed by the doctor.
Uses of Mic 2.5 MG
Mic Tablet is used to treat stomach and intestinal symptoms associated with heartburn, acidity, indigestion and stomach pain with the reflux of bile or stomach acids into the food pipe.
Contraindications of Mic 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Mosapride or any other components of Mic Tablet.
- If you have a disease or disorder of the digestive tract such as bleeding, ulcer of the stomach or digestive tract, blockage of the intestine and rupture of the intestinal cells.
Side effects of Mic 2.5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Mic 2.5 MG
Can I take Mic Tablet during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available regarding the use of Mic Tablet during pregnancy, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medications.
Can I take Mic Tablet while breastfeeding?
Mic Tablet might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mic Tablet?
Mic Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or headache, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mic Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Mic Tablet as it can increase the side effects of this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of consuming it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or heart disease.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- You are on any other medication.
- You feel Mic Tablet is not effective after using it for 2-weeks.
- Tablet Mic should not be used in children below 18-years of age.
Mode of Action of Mic 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Mic Tablet acts by increasing the release of certain chemical substances which increase the stomach and intestinal muscle movement and gastric emptying (the time it takes for food to empty from the stomach and enter the small intestine). This increases the movement of food from the stomach to the intestine....
Directions for Use of Mic 2.5 MG
Mic Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mic 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Mic Tablet works and Mic Tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Concomitant use of anticholinergic medicines like atropine, butylscopolamine bromide decreases the action of Mic Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Mic 2.5 MG
- Store Mic Tablet at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mic 2.5 MG
If you have taken too much of Mic medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Mic, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I take Tablet Mic?
A: Take Mic Tablets as advised by your doctor at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. You can take it with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Mic Tablet when my symptoms are relieved or when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Mic Tablet. Incomplete treatment might result in recurrence of the symptoms and your condition may worsen. To gain optimal benefits, it is advisable to take it for the prescribed duration.
Q: What measures should I follow to prevent the symptoms?
- Consume smaller but frequent meals.
- Avoid spicy and other foods that trigger heartburn.
- Try to lose weight if you are overweight.
- Do not eat within 3-4 hours of going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed