Metris 5 % Description
Metris Infusion is used to treat bacterial infections of the liver, brain, stomach, intestines, bone, heart, vagina, skin. It is also used to prevent an infection before, during or after an operation
. Metris Infusion contains metronidazole as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicines. Metris is used in patients when oral medications are not possible. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an Infusion. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Metris 5 %
- Metris Infusion is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the brain, stomach, skin, heart, lungs, liver, bone, intestines, vagina.
- It is also used for the prevention of pre-or-post operative infections.
Contraindications of Metris 5 %
Side effects of Metris 5 %
- Infusion site reactions
- Altered taste
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
- Inflammation of the tongue, lips, mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Metris 5 %
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy.
- You suffer from blood disorders.
- You suffer from any disorders of the nervous system such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations like pins and needles).
- You are taking this medicine for more than 10 days.
- You develop any infections after taking this medicine.
- You are on a controlled sodium diet.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding, your doctor may monitor your health during treatment.
- You consume alcohol regularly, you must avoid alcohol during the treatment and at least after 72 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
- Metris may darken your urine.
Mode of Action of Metris 5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metris 5 %
- Metris Infusion will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Metris 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Metris Infusion works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of disulfiram (used to treat alcohol addiction) along with Metris Infusion is not recommended.
- Concomitant use along with anticoagulants like warfarin may potentiate the anticoagulant effects.
- Other medicines like fluorouracil, antacids such as cimetidine, fluorouracil to treat cancer, phenytoin or primidone to treat fits or epilepsy should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Metris 5 %
- Store Metris Infusion under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- You should not refrigerate or freeze.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.