Meromac 1gm Inj
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
1g Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meromac Powder For Injection contains Meropenem as its active ingredient. It is a higher-end antibiotic. Meromac Powder For Injection is used to treat severe and serious infection caused by various infection-causing bacteria. Meropenem works by killing bacteria that cause infection. This medicine will be administered under medical supervision. You may experience pain at the site of injection, diarrhoea, stomach ache, rash while on this medicine as its side effect. Inform your doctor if it remains persistent or worsens.
Uses of Meromac 1gm Inj
Meromac Powder For Injection is used for severe, serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Meromac 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Meropenem or any other ingredients of Meromac Powder For Injection.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines known as carbapenems.
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins & cephalosporins.
Side effects of Meromac 1gm Inj
- Loose motions
- Stomach pain
- Swelling and irritation at the injection site
- Increased blood platelet count
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes (monitored by a blood test)
- Abnormal sensation in skin (pricking & tingling)
Precautions and Warnings of Meromac 1gm Inj
Can I take Meromac Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Meromac Powder For Injection during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will decide if this medicine can be given to you after assessing the benefits and necessity of the treatment.
Can I take Meromac Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Meromac Powder For Injection passes in human milk in a low amount; thus, it is advised not to take this medicine when you are breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine after assessing the benefit and necessity.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meromac Powder For Injection?
Meromac Powder For Injection does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, fits or abnormal skin sensations like tingling & pricking, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Meromac Powder For Injection?
There is limited information available about the effect of alcohol on this medicine. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhoea after taking & during treatment.
- You have a sudden severe allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness).
- You have existing liver or kidney disease.
- You have fits and other brain problems.
- You skin allergy after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Meromac 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Meropenem works by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Meromac 1gm Inj
Meromac Powder For Injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Meromac 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat fits like valproic acid.
- Medicine used to prevent blood from clotting like warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Meromac 1gm Inj
- Store at or below 30°C.
- Protect it if from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Meromac 1gm Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give Meromac Powder For Injection, therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine.
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed.
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Meromac Powder For Injection?
A: Inform the doctor about your detailed medical, surgical and allergy history. Inform your physician if you have any of the conditions like kidney disease, history of head injury, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: I have a fever, cough and cold, can I take Meromac Powder For Injection?
A: No, Meromac Powder For Injection is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Q: Can Meromac Powder For Injection be used to relieve pain?
A: No, Meromac Powder For Injection is not a pain killer. This medicine only treats the bacterial infection and provide relief from the symptoms of infection.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved