Merimox 250mg Capsule
By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Amoxicillin belongs to a group of medicines called Semisynthetic Penicillin (Beta-Lactam antibiotic).
Uses of Merimox 250mg Cap
- Sinus infection (Acute Bacterial Sinusitis)
- Middle ear infection (Acute Otitis Media)
- Infection of tonsils and throat (Acute Streptococcal Tonsillitis and Pharyngitis)
- Infection of lungs (Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis)
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Urinary tract infections (Cystitis)
- To treat the presence of bacteria in urine during pregnancy
- Typhoid fever
- Dental infections
- Treatment of infection caused by Helicobacter Pylori bacteria
- Skin infection caused by Borrelia Bacterium (Lyme disease)
Contraindications of Merimox 250mg Cap
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have infectious Mononucleosis/ Glandular fever (caused by the Epstein–Barr virus)
Side effects of Merimox 250mg Cap
- Skin rash
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- You may also experience other allergic reactions like skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body or breathing difficulties (serious side effects)
- Serious liver side effects like jaundice, severe diarrhea, darker urine or paler stools, these are observed if you have been taking this medicine for several weeks
Precautions and Warnings of Merimox 250mg Cap
Can I take Merimox 250mg Cap during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Merimox 250mg Cap while breastfeeding?
- Amoxicillin passes into breast milk in small amounts and can harm your baby
- This medicine can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mucous membrane can be observed in breastfed baby, therefore breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observedread less
- Caution is advised incase you are breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Merimox 250mg Cap?
You may experience allergic reactions, dizziness, or convulsion that influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, caution is advised while driving or operating heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Merimox 250mg Cap?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Amoxicillin does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had allergy to Penicillins, Cephaloporins or prone to allergies
- You have glandular fever (symptoms includes fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat, and swollen glands)
- You have kidney problems
- You have difficulty in urinating
- You develop watery, bloody diarrhea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately seek medical help
Mode of Action of Merimox 250mg Cap
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing one or more enzymes known as Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) that helps to form a bacterial cell wall, which results in bacterial cell lysis (rupture) and death.
Directions for Use of Merimox 250mg Cap
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Swallow the whole tablet/ capsule with a glass of water
Interactions of Merimox 250mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout (Allopurinol, Probenecid)
- Medicines known as blood thinners (anticoagulants) like Warfarin
- Other antibiotics such as Tetracycline used to treat bacterial infections
- Medicines used to treat certain type of cancers (Methotrexate)
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Merimox 250mg Cap
Store below 30°C in original packing. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Merimox 250mg Cap
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have used too much of this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
- It can cause crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems) that leads to kidney failure
- Convulsions may be observed in case of impaired kidney function or if you are taking a high dose of this medicine
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Merimox 250mg Cap?
A: No, if you have allergy to penicillin never take this medicine as a very serious allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Is there any chance that an allergic reaction can develop later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains, and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: Can I open this capsule and consume?
A: Never open this capsule and consume. Always take it exactly as prescribed by the physician.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved