Meprate 10mg Tablet
By SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meprate 10 tablet is a man-made form of the female sex hormone progesterone. It is used for the treatment of menstrual disorders like irregular menses and the absence of menses. Meprate tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone as an active ingredient. For optimum effect, take this medicine every day at the same time and do not miss any doses. Meprate 10 should never be used in pregnancy and for known women with breast cancer and liver disorders. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹10.85 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, abnormal bleeding, fever, weight gain|
|Classification||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Check more medicines with composition as Medroxyprogesterone(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Meprate 10 MG
Meprate 10 tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding and absence of menstruation.
Contraindications of Meprate 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Medroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of the Meprate 10 mg tablet.
- If you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
- If you have or had a history of breast cancer.
- If you have any blood disorders like arterial thrombosis (blood clot formation in arteries) or venous thrombosis
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have porphyria (a blood disorder that affects the nervous system and skin).
Side effects of Meprate 10 MG
- Abnormal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Hair fall
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Meprate 10 MG
Can I take the Meprate 10 tablet during pregnancy?
Meprate 10 tablets should not be used by pregnant women as it can lead to abnormalities in the growing foetus (unborn baby). It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Meprate 10 tablet while breastfeeding?
Meprate 10 tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women as it passes into the breastmilk. Do not take the Meprate at least till your baby is six weeks old.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Meprate 10 tablet?
Meprate 10 tablet does not affect your driving abilities. Be careful if you experience any side effects which can interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with the Meprate 10 tablet?
Alcohol weakens bones by decreasing bone density when it is taken with the Meprate 10 tablets, thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have asthma or diabetes.
- You have liver problems or gallstones.
- You are suffering from migraine, depression or epilepsy.
- You have an allergic condition characterised by joint pain, skin rashes or high fever.
- You have hearing problems.
- You may experience weight gain and oedema when on this medicine, inform your doctor if you experience the same.
- The risk of blood clot formation increases if you are overweight or you ever had a blood clot in veins or lungs or you are immobile for long periods due to surgery or you had repeated miscarriages in the past. If you have any of these conditions, communicate the same to your doctor....
Mode of Action of Meprate 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Meprate contains medroxyprogesterone which acts as a female sex hormone crucial for maintaining a normal mensuration cycle and thus helps in regularising menses and achieve hormonal balance.
Directions for Use of Meprate 10 MG
- Meprate 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Meprate 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Meprate tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Medicines used in the treatment of seizures such as Aminoglutethimide can decrease the effect of the Meprate tablet.
- Medicines such as Warfarin, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir are known to interact with the Meprate tablet and alter its action.
- Other medicines such as medicines used to treat epilepsy such as Phenytoin, anti-TB medicines such as Rifampicin, anti-HIV medicines such as Nevirapine and Efavirenz should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Meprate 10 MG
- Store Meprate tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Meprate 10 MG
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of the Meprate tablets.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Meprate 10 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take the Meprate 10 tablet?
A: The duration of the treatment depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment. Take it as long as prescribed to you.
Q: Is the Meprate a contraceptive pill?
A: No, the Meprate tablet is not a contraceptive pill.
Q: What is the use of the Meprate tablet?
A: Meprate tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding, amenorrhoea (absence of menstruation) and mild to moderate endometriosis (tissue growth outside the uterus).
Q: Can the Meprate prevent pregnancy?
A: Meprate tablet is not meant for the prevention of pregnancy, use suitable contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Q: Can the Meprate affect pregnancy?
A: Yes, the Meprate can affect pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended in pregnancy.
Q: Does the Meprate cause weight gain?
A: Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of the Meprate tablet. Some patients may gain weight after the use of this medicine.
Q: How does the Meprate tablet work?
A: Meprate tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone which replaces the hormone progesterone, which is naturally present in the body and has actions and uses similar to it.
Q: How to use the Meprate tablet?
- Swallow the Meprate 10 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take the Meprate during breastfeeding?
A: The use of Meprate tablets in breastfeeding women is not recommended.
Q: At what time should I take the Meprate tablet?
A: Take the medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor for dose and duration.
Q: Is Meprate tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, Meprate is a synthetic steroid derived from progesterone.
Q: How many days should I take Meprate to get periods?
A: The dose and duration are normally adjusted by the doctor depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should take this medicine exactly as your doctor tells you. Try to use it regularly but for a prescribed duration only. Do not use it continuously, without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can Meprate cause hair fall?
A: You may experience hair fall, acne, weight gain, etc., as its side effects after taking this hormonal pill. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: Is Meprate used to delay periods?
A: Meprate is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding and absence of menstruation. Do not take this medicine for any other medical condition other than what it is prescribed for. Do not self-medicate in any case.
Q: Can the use of Meprate tablet help get pregnant?
A: No, Meprate tablet does not help in getting pregnant. It is used for the treatment of menstrual disorders like irregular menses and the absence of menses.
Q: Can we take Meprate tablets for a week?
A: You should take Meprate tablet for as long as a doctor has prescribed it to you. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: How long tablet Meprate take to show effects?
A: Meprate tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the severity of medical conditions. As it is a hormonal medicine, it may take a few days to weeks to show its full effect. hence, it is advised to complete the full course of treatment.
Q: Is Meprate a hormone tablet?
A: Yes, Meprate is a hormonal tablet that contains a man-made form of the female sex hormone progesterone.
Q: Is Meprate good for periods?
A: Yes, Meprate is good for periods or menses. This tablet helps regularise periods.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.