Meprate 10mg Tablet
By SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meprate 10 tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone as an active ingredient. It is a man-made form of a female sex hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual disorders like irregular menses and the absence of menses. For optimum effect, take this medicine every day at the same time and do not miss any doses. Meprate 10 tablets should never be used in pregnancy and known women with breast cancer, and liver disorders. The most common side effects are headache, nausea, and irregular spotting. Most of which are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Meprate 10mg Tablet
Meprate 10 tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding, and absence of menstruation.
Contraindications of Meprate 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Medroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of Meprate 10 mg tablet.
- If you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
- If you have or had a history of breast cancer.
- If you have any blood disorders like arterial thrombosis (blood clot formation in arteries) or venous thrombosis
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have porphyria (a blood disorder which affects the nervous system and skin).
Side effects of Meprate 10mg Tablet
- Abnormal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Hair fall
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Meprate 10mg Tablet
Can I take Meprate 10 tablet during pregnancy?
Meprate 10 tablets should not be used by pregnant women as it can lead to abnormalities in the growing foetus (unborn baby). It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Meprate 10 tablet while breastfeeding?
Meprate 10 tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women as it passes into the breast milk. Do not take Meprate at least till your baby is six weeks old.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meprate 10 tablet?
Meprate 10 tablet does not affect your driving abilities. Be careful if you experience any side effects which can interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Meprate 10 tablet?
Alcohol weakens bones by decreasing bone density when it is taken with Meprate 10 tablets, thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have asthma or diabetes.
- You have liver problems or gallstones.
- You are suffering from migraine, depression, or epilepsy.
- You have an allergic condition characterised by joint pain, skin rashes, or high fever.
- You have hearing problems.
- You may experience weight gain and oedema when on this medicine, inform your doctor if you experience the same.
- The risk of blood clot formation increases if you are overweight or you ever had a blood clot in veins or lungs, or you are immobile for long periods due to surgery, or you had repeated miscarriages in the past. If you have any of these conditions, communicate the same to your doctor.read less
Mode of Action of Meprate 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Meprate contains medroxyprogesterone which acts as a female sex hormone crucial for maintaining normal mensuration cycle and thus helps in regularising menses and achieve hormonal balance.
Directions for Use of Meprate 10mg Tablet
- Meprate 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Meprate 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Meprate tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- Medicines used in the treatment of seizures such as Aminoglutethimide can decrease the effect of Meprate tablet.
- Medicines such as Warfarin, Ritonavir, and Nelfinavir are known to interact with Meprate tablet and alter its action.
- Other medicines such as medicines used to treat epilepsy such as Phenytoin, anti-TB medicines such as Rifampicin, anti-HIV medicines such as Nevirapine and Efavirenz should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Meprate 10mg Tablet
- Store Meprate tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Meprate 10mg Tablet
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of Meprate tablets.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Meprate 10 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take Meprate 10 tablet?
A: The duration of the treatment depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment. Take it as long as prescribed to you.
Q: Is Meprate a contraceptive pill?
A: No, Meprate tablet is not a contraceptive pill.
Q: What is the use of Meprate tablet?
A: Meprate tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding, amenorrhoea (absence of menstruation), and mild to moderate endometriosis (tissue growth outside the uterus).
Q: Can Meprate prevent pregnancy?
A: Meprate tablet is not meant for the prevention of pregnancy, use suitable contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Q: Can Meprate affect pregnancy?
A: Yes, Meprate can affect pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended in pregnancy.
Q: Does Meprate cause weight gain?
A: Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of Meprate tablet. Some patients may gain weight after the use of this medicine.
Q: How does Meprate tablet work?
A: Meprate tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone which replaces the hormone progesterone, which is naturally present in the body and has actions and uses similar to it.
Q: How to use Meprate tablet?
- Take Meprate 10 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Meprate every month?
A: Follow your doctor's instruction and do not self medicate with this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Meprate during breastfeeding?
A: The use of Meprate tablet in breastfeeding women is not recommended.
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved