Modus 10mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Modus Tablet is a hormonal medicine & it contains Medroxyprogesterone as an active ingredient. It contains a human-made form of a female sex hormone progesterone. Modus Tablet is given to correct the abnormal levels of female sex hormones resulting in various disorders related to the female reproductive cycle such as irregular menstrual periods, absence of menses, delayed periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis (tissue growth outside the uterus). Modus Tablet 10 should never be used during pregnancy and women with a known history of breast cancer. This medicine can lead to heart-related disorders such as stroke, heart attack, memory loss and ovarian cancer, and the risk is more in postmenopausal women.
Uses of Modus 10mg Tablet
Modus Tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, abnormal bleeding, absence of menstruation, endometriosis and delayed menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Modus 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Medroxyprogesterone or any ingredients of Modus Tablet.
- It should not be used during pregnancy or by someone who is trying to conceive or may be pregnant.
- Women with a history of breast cancer, heart-related disorder or liver disorder.
- Women with blood clotting disorders such as thrombosis and porphyria (a blood disorder, which affects the nervous system and skin).
Side effects of Modus 10mg Tablet
- Abnormal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Hair fall
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Modus 10mg Tablet
Can I take the Modus Tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not use Modus Tablet, as it can lead to abnormalities in the growing foetus. Women who are trying to conceive also should avoid this medicine.
Can I take the Modus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Modus Tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women as it passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Modus Tablet?
Modus Tablet does not affect your driving abilities. Be careful if you experience any side effects which can interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Modus Tablet?
Alcohol weakens bones by decreasing bone density when it is taken with Modus Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have asthma, diabetes, liver problems or gallstones.
- You are suffering from migraine, mood disorders or epilepsy.
- You have an allergic condition characterised by joint pain, skin rashes, or high fever.
- You may experience weight gain and oedema when on this medicine. Inform your doctor if you experience the same.
- The risk of blood clot formation increases if you are overweight or you ever had a blood clot in veins.
- You have limited movement due to surgery, or you had repeated miscarriages in the past.
Mode of Action of Modus 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Modus Tablet contains Medroxyprogesterone, which acts as a natural female sex hormone. This hormone is crucial for maintaining a normal mensuration cycle in females. Females who cannot produce progesterone naturally suffer from various menstrual cycle-related disorders. Medroxyprogesterone helps in regularising menses and disorders associated with altered hormonal levels by achieving normal hormonal balance.
Directions for Use of Modus 10mg Tablet
- Take Modus Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue this medicine on your own, even if the symptoms disappear.
Interactions of Modus 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Modus Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Modus 10mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Modus 10mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Modus Tablet include nausea and vomiting, dizziness, breast tenderness, abdominal pain, fatigue, drowsiness, and withdrawal bleeding. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Modus Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take the Modus Tablet?
A: The duration of the treatment depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment. It is advisable to take it for the duration, it is prescribed for. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Is Modus Tablet a contraceptive pill?
A: No, Modus Tablet is not a contraceptive pill. It is a hormonal preparation used to correct low progesterone levels in females and disorders related to that.
Q: What is the use of the Modus Tablet?
A: Modus Tablet is used in the treatment of irregular periods, irregular bleeding, amenorrhoea (absence of menstruation), and mild-to-moderate endometriosis (tissue growth outside the uterus).
Q: Can Modus Tablet prevent pregnancy?
A: Modus Tablet is not meant for the prevention of pregnancy. Use suitable contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Q: Is weight gain a side effect of the Modus Tablet?
A: Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of Modus Tablet. However, not everyone puts on weight after the use of this medicine. Also, the weight gain is temporary and mostly due to fluid retention & bloating and not due to the accumulation of fat.
Q: Can I take the Modus Tablet during breastfeeding?
A: The use of Modus Tablet in breastfeeding women is not recommended until considered safe by the doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved