Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination of two medicines, Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. It is an antispasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or b
efore menses. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days. If the pain persists, consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age. It is advisable to give them the paediatric formulations of this medicine....
Uses of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets is used for relieving stomach cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Dicyclomine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal bleeding or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe kidney, liver or heart function problem.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine or obstruction in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure.
- It should not be used in infants below 6-months of age.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be used in a pregnant woman, as it can cause heart abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
You can take this medicine while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Meftal Spas. Be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Though there is no direct interaction of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or overheating of the body after taking Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- You have an existing liver and kidney function problem or bleeding disorder of the stomach or the intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis and megacolon.
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine. Avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive.
- You experience some related brain disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets acts via the combined action of Mefenamic acid and Dicyclomine.
- Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator that is implicated in conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses....Read more
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent that acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken as a whole with water
- Take this medicine with or after food as instructed by your physician
Interactions of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution, as there are chances of increased bleeding upon long-term use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers, when taken along, can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to low blood glucose.
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets below 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, rarely diarrhoea, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears
, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one. If you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets cause infertility?
A: No, this medicine does not affect your fertility.
Q: Is Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets safe during periods?
A: Yes, this medicine is safe during periods. It is used for relieving pain and cramps during and before periods. Use it under medical supervision only.
Q: Does Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets affect your blood count?
A: Yes, there can be variations in blood cell count after taking this medicine. Tell your doctor before going for any blood tests, as it may vary due to this medicine.
Q: How long does it take for Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets to show its actions?
A: This medicine usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Can we take Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective in such pains.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:09 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved