Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination of two medicines, Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. It is an antispasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or
before menses. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days. If the pain persists, consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age. It is advisable to give them the paediatric formulations of this medicine.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)|
Uses of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Dicyclomine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal bleeding or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe kidney, liver or heart function problem.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine or obstruction in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure.
- It should not be used in infants below 6-months of age.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or overheating of the body after taking Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- You have an existing liver and kidney function problem or bleeding disorder of the stomach or the intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis and megacolon.
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine. Avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive.
- You experience some related brain disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets acts via the combined action of Mefenamic acid and Dicyclomine.
- Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator that is implicated in conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses....
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent that acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken as a whole with water
- Take this medicine with or after food as instructed by your physician
Interactions of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution, as there are chances of increased bleeding upon long-term use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers, when taken along, can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to low blood glucose.
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 Tablets below 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets