Mefkind P Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meftal P tablet helps to reduce fever and pain associated with sprains, injuries. It also helps to reduce swelling, redness, and pain in the joints due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. This medicine is specially designed for pediatric use. It contains Mefenamic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines known as NSAIDs i.e., Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Mefkind P Tablet
Meftal P tablet is used to relieve swelling, inflammation and pain after surgery, operation, after delivery, joints, bones and muscles due to sprains, strains, injuries and abdominal cramps during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Mefkind P Tablet
- If your child is allergic to this Mefenamic acid or any of the ingredient of Meftal P tablet.
- If your child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If you have or ever had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If your child has any underlying medical condition like heart, liver or kidneys are not working properly or you have any health condition related to these organs.
- If the child has a history of allergic reaction like breathing problem and skin allergy upon using painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- This medicine should be used for children only.
Side effects of Mefkind P Tablet
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation and stomach discomforts
- Stomach and intestinal bleeding that can be sometimes fatal especially in elderly
- Blood disorders like anaemia, skin rashes, itching, redness and papules formation
- Headache, dizziness, weakness, irregular heartbeats, breathing problems and blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Mefkind P Tablet
Can I consume alcohol with a Meftal P tablet?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol is of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has any existing medical conditions or he/she is born prematurely.
- The child experience stomach pain as there are chances of the development of intestinal or stomach bleeding with this medicine.
- Your child may develop skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Your child has any underlying medical condition like an autoimmune disorder, fits, diabetes, hypertension, etc. caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Mefkind P Tablet
How Does It Work?
Meftal P tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Mefkind P Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Take the medicine as instructed by your doctor and don't change doses of this medicine without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Mefkind P Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Meftal P tablet works or the Meftal P tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if the child is taking other medicines like oral anticoagulants (such as warfarin), medicines used to treat brain-related conditions like lithium, antibiotics like Norfloxacin etc.
- Pain killers should not be used simultaneously as there is an increased risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are heart-related medicines like digoxin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-hypertensive medicines, anti-gout medicines (like probenecid), anti-HIV medicines and oral anti-diabetic medicine etc.read less
Storage and disposal of Mefkind P Tablet
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Mefkind P Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include diarrhoea, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, headache, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, mental confusion, excitation, coma, drowsiness, tinnitus, fainting and occasionally fits.read less
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why do pain killers cause gastrointestinal bleeding?
A: Pain killers are known to work by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins. Certain prostaglandins help in protecting the stomach lining from the corrosive effects of stomach acid, as well as playing a role in maintaining the natural, healthy condition of the stomach lining. Painkillers reduce the formation of prostaglandins and can lead to gastrointestinal bleeding.
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine if anyone else has the same condition as you without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can Meftal P tablet be taken for fever?
A: No, this is a pain killer medicine and used to relieve mild to moderate pain.
Q: Can I use Meftal P tablet for headache?
A: No, it should not be used for a normal headache. Yet, it is used in headache associated with migraine only if prescribed by a doctor.
Q: What is the Meftal P tablet used for?
A: It is used to relieve mild to moderate pain in adults. Meftal P tablet is used for tooth pain, pain due to sports injury, muscle pain, back pain, migraine & pain and cramps associated with periods.
Q: Can I take Meftal P tablet on empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine preferably after meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Meftal P tablet relieve my toothache?
A: This medicine contains mefenamic acid which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAIDs which works by blocking the substance prostaglandins which are responsible for the generation of pain, inflammation and swelling. Meftal P tablet is beneficial in relieving pain, but generally, there are other pain-relieving medicines that are more beneficial in toothache than the Meftal P tablet. Please take this medicine as per the doctor's advice only. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Does Meftal P tablet make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Meftal P tablet may cause sleepiness, make you feel dizzy and weak. Avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Apr 2021 | 01:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved