Medrol 8mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Medrol 8 MG Description
Medrol 8 mg tablet is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains Methylprednisolone, which belongs to the class of medicines called steroids, as its active ingredient. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop Medrol 8 mg tablet abruptly otherwise, it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. You may experience few side effects like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. while taking this medication. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately. Before using Medrol 8 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹8.68 (10% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
- Predmet 8mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.95₹ 80.713.58% CHEAPER₹ 5.38/Tablet
- Ivepred 8mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.30₹ 54.442.51% CHEAPER₹ 5.44/Tablet
- Dispred 8mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.39₹ 53.883.41% CHEAPER₹ 5.39/Tablet
- Predace 8mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.37₹ 55.370.72% CHEAPER₹ 5.54/Tablet
- Sterio 8mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.72₹ 53.084.84% CHEAPER₹ 5.31/Tablet
- Nucort M 8mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.01₹ 52.715.56% CHEAPER₹ 5.27/Tablet
- Megmapred 8mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Megma Helathcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.90₹ 48.3613.26% CHEAPER₹ 4.84/Tablet
Uses of Medrol 8 MG
Contraindications of Medrol 8 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of Medrol 8 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Medrol 8 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 8 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- Medrol 8 mg tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection (such as fungal infection, measles, chickenpox, etc) and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- This tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Directions for Use of Medrol 8 MG
- Medrol 8 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Medrol 8 MG
- Store Medrol 8 mg tablet at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Medrol 8 MG
- Medrol 8 mg tablet is a steroid medication. Medrol can be used to treat skin allergies, asthma, gout, arthritis and autoimmune disorders, among other things. Its active ingredient is methylprednisolone....
- Medrol 8 tablet can make it more difficult to fight infections. If you have any signs of infection, such as a fever or sore throat, seek medical attention.
- Stopping Medrol 8mg tablet suddenly without first consulting your doctor may worsen your symptoms.
- Avoid using it more frequently or for longer than your doctor has prescribed. Take it with food to prevent stomach distress.
- Your doctor will prescribe a Medrol 8 dosage schedule that is appropriate for your condition. Take it for the full duration of the prescription and do not miss any doses.
- Before beginning treatment with Medrol tablet, inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions, are pregnant, breastfeeding or are taking any medications.
Dosage of Medrol 8 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Medrol 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Medrol 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Medrol 8 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Medrol 8 mg tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Medrol 8 mg tablet?
Q: Does the Medrol 8 mg tablet affect vaccinations?
Q: What is the duration of the effect of Medrol 8 mg tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Medrol 8 mg tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
Q: Can I take Medrol 8 every day?
Q: What should I avoid while taking Medrol 8?
Q: What are the side effects of Medrol 8 mg?
Q: Should Medrol be taken with food?
Q: Can Medrol be taken on a long term basis?
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Medrol Tablet (methylprednisolone), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Medrone Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Medrone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- DailyMed - METHYLPREDNISOLONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]