Maxtra Syrup 60ml
Maxtra syrup contains a combination of chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic, and phenylephrine is a decongestant. Maxtra Syrup is used for temporary relief in common cold and allergic rhinitis. It helps in improving symptoms like runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. This medicine should not be used in patients with heart-related problems. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for maximum benefits. Avoid using it for a prolonged duration when not required.
|₹14.78 (14% on MRP)
|Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg/5ml) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg/5ml)
|Cold, allergic rhinitis
|Drowsiness, headache, vomiting, weakness
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
Contraindications of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine or phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have taken medicines for brain disorders such as rasagiline in the last 14 days.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you have diabetes, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
- If you are suffering from an overactive thyroid gland and breathing problems like bronchitis.
- If you experience difficulty in urination due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Side effects of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking medicines for psychiatric illness, as it can enhance drowsiness
- You are experiencing drowsiness, nervousness.
- You don't feel any improvement in your symptoms within a week.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have asthma or any airway obstruction problems.
- You have a kidney or liver disease.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have a history of tumour in the adrenal gland.
- You have a blockage in your stomach and intestine.
Directions for Use of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
- Take Maxtra syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Read any special instruction on the package.
Storage and disposal of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
- Store Maxtra syrup between 20°- 25°C.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
- Maxtra syrup is a cough and cold preparation used for providing relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing runny and stuffy nose, and watering eyes due to an allergy or cold. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before use.
- Before starting Maxtra syrup, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history, such as blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Headache, confusion and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals.
- Maxtra syrup may cause dizziness or sleepiness if you experience any such effects, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness....
Dosage of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
How Does It Work?
- Maxtra syrup works by the combined action of its two components chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation, etc....
- Phenylephrine acts as a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Interactions of MAXTRA SYRUP 60ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders or psychiatric illness should not be used with Maxtra as it can lead to a risk of heart-related side effects or increased blood pressure.
- Maxtra can reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines and can increase blood pressure abruptly.
- Maxtra should not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart failures such as digoxin as it can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
- Phenytoin and ergot containing medicines should not be consumed along with Maxtra as it can lead to toxicity.
- Other medicines like medicines to induce sleep or anti-anxiety medicines and ceratin painkillers should be used as they can induce sedation.
- Discuss it with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Maxtra syrup?
Q: Can I take Maxtra syrup, if I have high blood pressure?
Q: Can I give Maxtra syrup to my 2 months old baby?
Q: What is the use of Maxtra syrup?
Q: Can I give Maxtra syrup to my 2 year old baby for fever?
Q: Can maxtra Syrup be given to kids?
Q: Is Maxtra syrup an antibiotic?
Q: Can Maxtra be given on an empty stomach?
Q: What is the composition of Maxtra syrup?
Q: What is Maxtra syrup used for?
Q: Is Maxtra syrup used for cough?
Q: Can Maxtra syrup be used in pregnancy?
Q: How to take Maxtra syrup?
- Take Maxtra syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.