Maxiflam Sp Tablets
Maxiflam Sp Tablets Description
Maxiflam Sp Tablet is an analgesic medication. It contains a combination of nimesulide and serratiopeptidase as active substances. Maxiflam Sp Tablet is used in the treatment of sudden and sharp pain
. It is also used for the treatment of the symptoms of osteoarthritis and painful periods. This medicine can be used in adults and adolescents adults above 12 years of age. Maxiflam Sp Tablet works by preventing the action of inflammatory chemicals in the body. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Before starting Maxiflam Sp Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹10.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg) + Serratiopeptidase(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain, painful periods, osteoarthritis|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain|
Uses of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
- Maxiflam Sp Tablet is used to treat sudden and sharp pain.
- It is also used for the treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis and painful periods (dysmenorrhoea).
Contraindications of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
- If you are allergic to nimesulide, serratiopeptidase, or any ingredient of Maxiflam Sp Tablet.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions (wheezing, coughing, sneezing, nose blockage, runny nose, itching, red/itchy rashes) to other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin.
- If you have a history of liver damage caused by nimesulide.
- If you are exposed to other potentially liver-damaging substances.
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- If you have or had a history of stomach bleeding, ulcer, and inflammation of the stomach lining prior to treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
- If you have a recurrent active stomach/intestinal ulcer or have had it in the past (two or more distinct episodes of proven ulceration or bleeding).
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have a serious heart failure problem.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, and shivering.
- If you are giving this medicine to children under 12 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, blood thinners like warfarin, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like fluvoxamine, or antiplatelet agents such as low dose aspirin....
- You experience symptoms like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dark urine, and weakness. These could be signs of liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood.
- You are elderly.
- You have liver, kidney, or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You have any upcoming surgery.
- You experience severe skin reactions after using this medicine.
- You are a woman trying to get pregnant.
Mode of Action of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Maxiflam Sp Tablet contains a combination of nimesulide and serratiopeptidase as active substances.
- Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID) that blocks the action of a chemical called cyclooxygenase. Cyclooxygenase is responsible for the formation of certain substances in the body called prostaglandins that cause pain and inflammation. ...
- Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that helps in breaking down or dissolving the abnormal proteins at the site of inflammation and promotes healing.
Directions for Use of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
- Take Maxiflam Sp Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Maxiflam Sp Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The simultaneous use of Maxiflam Sp Tablet with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin is not recommended.
- You may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers if this medicine is used along with corticosteroids, platelet inhibitors (clopidogrel), and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (fluoxetine).
- This medicine may interfere with the working of blood thinners like warfarin.
- Maxiflam Sp Tablet can reduce the effect of medicines used to treat high blood pressure like hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, and captopril.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines used for treating mental disorders like lithium, asthma/COPD like theophylline, diabetes like glibenclamide, heart failure like digoxin and peptic ulcers like cimetidine, and acidities like aluminium hydroxide and magnesium. ...
- Caution is required when Maxiflam Sp Tablet is taken less than 24 hours before or after treatment with methotrexate - an anti-cancer medicine.
Storage and disposal of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
- Store Maxiflam Sp Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxiflam Sp Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Maxiflam Sp Tablet used for?
- Maxiflam Sp Tablet is used to treat sudden and sharp pain.
- It is also used for the treatment of the symptoms of osteoarthritis and painful periods (dysmenorrhoea).
Q: Is Maxiflam Sp Tablet banned in India?
- Yes, the Health Ministry has banned the fixed medicine combination (FDC) of nimesulide and serratiopeptidase, which includes Maxiflam Sp Tablet.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 06 June 2022]
- Nimesulide & Serratiopeptidase: NIMOVIB SP [Internet]. Vibcare Pharma. 2022 [cited 06 June 2022]
- ISODOL 100 mg tablets [Internet]. MAGIS FARMACEUTICI; 2022 [cited 06 June 2022]
- Serrapeptase uses, benefits & dosage - drugs.com herbal database [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]