Maxceft Kid Tablets
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maxceft Kid Tablets Description
Maxceft Kid Tablets is an antibiotic medicine containing a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections. Take thi
s medicine as directed by the doctor at the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Consult with your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹4.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefixime + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)
Uses of Maxceft Kid Tablets
Maxceft Kid Tablets is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Maxceft Kid Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredient of Maxceft Kid Tablets .
- If you are allergic to the Cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Maxceft Kid Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Maxceft Kid Tablets
Can I take Maxceft Kid Tablets during pregnancy?
The effect of Maxceft Kid Tablets on pregnant women is not yet studied, thus it should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Maxceft Kid Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether components of Maxceft Kid Tablets passes into human milk. It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are taking this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Maxceft Kid Tablets ?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Maxceft Kid Tablets as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Maxceft Kid Tablets ?
No information is available on the interactions of Maxceft Kid Tablets with alcohol. However, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Maxceft Kid Tablets
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems.
Mode of Action of Maxceft Kid Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Maxceft Kid Tablets
Maxceft Kid Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Maxceft Kid Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Maxceft Kid Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- This medicine can increase the levels of carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
Storage and disposal of Maxceft Kid Tablets
- Store Maxceft Kid Tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Maxceft Kid Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Maxceft Kid Tablets contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you missed any dose of Maxceft Kid Tablets , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Maxceft Kid Tablets ?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop Maxceft Kid Tablets early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Maxceft Kid Tablets ?
A: No, Maxceft Kid Tablets is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe bacterial infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Does Maxceft Kid Tablets cause drowsiness?
A: Maxceft Kid Tablets does not make you sleepy or drowsy. This tablet may cause dizziness, and thus in such case you are advised not to drive or perform activities that need mental alertness.
Q: Is Maxceft Kid Tablets an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Maxceft Kid Tablets is an antibiotic medicine.
- OMNIX CV Tablets (Cefixime + Clavulanic acid ) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Syrup, Suspension - Leading Contract Manufacturers of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Products from India [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed