Matrix 400mg Tablet
Matrix 400mg Tablet Description
Matrix Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat diarrhoea & dysentery caused due to bacteria, amoeba or other microorganisms. Diarrhoea is a condition of passing three or more loose or l
quid stools per day. It is usually a symptom of infection due to a bacteria, parasite, amoeba or other organisms. It is a combination medicine containing norfloxacin and tinidazole. This medicine works by killing the microorganisms that cause infection. The dose, frequency and duration of the treatment are decided by your doctor. This medicine should be taken at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after a meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products. Diarrhoea or dysentery is usually caused due to contaminated food or drinking-water, or from person to person as a result of poor hygiene. Regular hand washing, consuming safe drinking water, maintaining good personal and food hygiene should be followed while taking this medicine to prevent the spread of infection. You should also consume plenty of liquid to combat dehydration due to diarrhoea. Before initiating the treatment inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from. Matrix Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
- Zabixin Tz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.50₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Norflokem Tz TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 91.00₹ 72.80₹ 7.28/Tablet
- Omega Nor Tz Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Omega Biotech Limited6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.70₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Norflox Tz Rf Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.48₹ 91.36₹ 9.14/Tablet
- Noxitef TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.00₹ 19.20₹ 1.92/Tablet
Uses of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Contraindications of Matrix 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this tablet or any other components of Matrix Tablet.
- If you have a history of a tendon (tissue joining muscle to bone) infection or tendon rupture or damage with any medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a brain and nerves-related problem.
- If you have a history or any disorder related to blood.
- If you are suffering from muscle weakness due to myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Matrix 400mg Tablet
- Stomach cramps
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have tendon or nerve problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm, and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung.
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- You have fits, restlessness, light-headedness, confusion, and hallucinations or are suffering from a brain disorder.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues.
- You have a condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as Matrix Tablet may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You are above 60 years of age, as older people may be at the risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
- Patient on this treatment should drink enough water to keep the body hydrated as this medicine increases the chances of crystal formation in urine.
- Matrix Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
Mode of Action of Matrix 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Matrix Tablet kills bacteria and protozoa that are responsible for diarrhoea and maintains the healthy bacteria in the intestine.
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that damages the bacterial DNA and eventually kills them. It helps in clearing different types of bacterial infections.
- Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent that produces free radicals and damages the cells and DNA of protozoa.
Directions for Use of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Interactions of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Theophylline, may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking, and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use with blood thinners like warfarin, coumadin, etc. may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide, along with this medicine, can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron, & zinc), antacids, sucralfate, and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....
- Concomitant use of Matrix Tablet along with Nitrofurantoin (used to treat infection) is not recommended as it may alter the effects of Norfloxacin.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.), may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taking this tablet along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Medicines like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin (used in epilepsy), Rifampin (used in tuberculosis), Cholestyramine (used to decrease blood cholesterol levels), Oxytetracycline (used in infections) decreases the effectiveness of Matrix Tablet....
- Medicines like Cimetidine (used in stomach and intestinal ulcers) and Ketoconazole (fungal infections) increases the chances of side effects of Matrix Tablet in the body.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fluorouracil, Indapamide, Digoxin, and Lithium should be used cautiously along with Matrix Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Dosage of Matrix 400mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Matrix Tablet used for?
Q: Can I have Matrix Tablet on empty stomach?
Q: How many times can we take Matrix Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Smoothing Shampoo Conditioner
- Matrix Biolage Colorlast Color Protecting Shampoo Conditioner
- Matrix Opti Care Professional Ultra Smoothing Shampoo Conditioner
- Matrix Biolage Advanced Fiberstrong Strengthening Shampoo Conditioner 200 Ml 98 Ml
- Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Hydrating Shampoo Conditioner
- Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Deep Smoothing Professional 6 In 1 Hair Serum For Frizzy Hair 100 Ml
- Matrix Biolage Advanced Scalppure Anti Dandruff Shampoo Conditioner
- Matrix Opti Long Nourish Protect Nourishing Shampoo Ceramide Conditioner
- Matrix Opti Long Nourish Protect Professional Nourishing Leave In Cream Ceramide 95 Ml