Materna Hcg 10000iu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Materna Hcg Powder For Injection is used in treating infertility in both men and women. It contains human chorionic gonadotropin as its active ingredient. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting Materna Hcg Powder For Injection, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, tell your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Materna Hcg Powder For Injection....
|You Save||₹209.88 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chorionic Gonadotrophin(10000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Female infertility, increase sperm count in men|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions, headache|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR INFERTILITY|
Check more medicines with composition as Chorionic Gonadotrophin(10000.0 Iu)
Uses of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection is similar to a hormone that helps in the normal development of an egg in an ovary of women and activates the release of an egg during ovulation.
- It helps women in treating infertility (unable to get pregnant).
- It is also used in men to increase sperm count.
- This medicine is also used to help certain boys in normal sexual development.
Contraindications of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
- If you are allergic to human chorionic gonadotropin or any of the other ingredients of Materna Hcg Powder For Injection.
- If you have a tumour of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland (in the brain).
- If you have a cyst in the ovaries.
- If you have vaginal bleeding due to an unknown reason.
- If you have breast, ovaries or womb cancer.
- If you had an extrauterine pregnancy (pregnancy outside of your womb) recently.
- If you have swelling of your veins or blood clotting of your veins.
- If you are unable to get pregnant due to menopause or early menopause or abnormal functions of sexual organs.
Side effects of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
- Injection site pain, redness, swelling
- Headache, fatigue
- Vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Irritation, restlessness
- Breast pain
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (ovaries may have overreacted to the medicine and large cyst may be developed)
- Precocious puberty (a condition wherein a child’s body starts changing into an adult too early), enlarged breast in men
- Allergic reactions
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (a condition in women who take medicines to get pregnant)
- Blood clotting problems
Precautions and Warnings of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
Can I take Materna Hcg Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
Materna Hcg Powder For Injection should not be used during pregnancy, as limited information is available about its safety during pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Materna Hcg Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of Materna Hcg Powder For Injection pass into the breastmilk or not. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Materna Hcg Powder For Injection?
It is not expected that Materna Hcg Powder For Injection will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Materna Hcg Powder For Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of Materna Hcg Powder For Injection on alcohol, but avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any blood clot problems like swelling of your veins or blood clotting in your veins.
- Before starting Materna Hcg Powder For Injection, you and your partner should get the fertility test done.
- The risk of getting Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) may increase.
- When taking Materna Hcg Powder For Injection, you may be at the risk of being pregnant with more than one child (twins, triplets).
- You should have an early ultrasound done to check for the possibility of (ectopic pregnancy) pregnancy outside the womb.
- The risk of miscarriage may increase when using Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) to get pregnant as compared to normal pregnancy.
- When you get a pregnancy test done using serum or urine while using this medicine or even 10 days after using it, there may be a possibility that you get a false-positive test result.
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
How Does It Work?
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection is similar to a hormone that is naturally found in your body called chorionic gonadotropin, which helps in reproduction and fertility.
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection binds on the ovary cells to a receptor in the body that is shared with a hormone called luteinising hormone which helps in pregnancy and puberty.
Directions for Use of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject Materna Hcg Powder For Injection.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- No significant interactions have been reported, but when this medication is used in females together with menotropins to treat infertility, it may cause multiple births (twins, triplets).
Storage and disposal of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
- Store Materna Hcg Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Materna Hcg 10000 IU
The doctor and nurse usually give Materna Hcg Powder For Injection; the chances of an overdose are less because the treatment and the dose will be specific to the patient. However, in case of any discomforts after or during the treatment with this medicine, it should be informed immediately to the doctor....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Materna Hcg Powder For Injection in the hospital or a clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, then please inform your doctor and nurse....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Materna Hcg Powder For Injection by myself?
A: No, Materna Hcg Powder For Injection will be administered to you by a healthcare professional.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Materna Hcg Powder For Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Materna Hcg Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Pregnyl - chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ovitrelle 250 micrograms/0.5 ml prefilled pen - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ovitrelle 250 micrograms/0.5 ml prefilled pen - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Chorionic Gonadotropin: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.