Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
By LIFESTAR PHARMA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop is a combination medicine containing loteprednol, a steroid and moxifloxacin which is an antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of steroid-responsive conditions of the eye after eye operation and which is associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye. It works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of the eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Pain or irritation in the eye, discharge from the eyes, dry eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
Uses of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
For the treatment of conditions of the eye after eye operation and which are associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye.
Contraindications of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Loteprednol, Moxifloxacin or any of the other ingredients of Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop.
- If you have a herpes infection of the eye.
- If you have a mycobacterial infection of the eye.
- If you have a fungal infection of the eye.
- If you have a red-eye whose cause is not known.
Side effects of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Pain or irritation in the eye
- Discharge from eyes
- Dry eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Burning sensation at the site of instilling
- Itching of eyes
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
- Watering of eyes
- Defect in cornea
Precautions and Warnings of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Can I instill Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop in pregnancy. It is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered safe and advised by your doctor.
Can I instill Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
A component of Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop may pass into the breast milk and cause harm to the nursing infant. You should not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless considered safe and prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop?
This medicine causes temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have eye irritation.
- You have swelling of throat, face, itching over body or breathing difficulty.
- You are using contact lenses.
- You are having an eye infection caused due to bacteria of genital infection.
Mode of Action of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Loteprednol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- moxifloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Use Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
Since Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop are to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Store at a temperature less than 25°C in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahaflox Lp Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
As these eye drops are meant for external use, cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled extra drops of it wash your eyes thoroughly with water.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the instillation of eye drops, instill it as soon as possible. Do not instill more drops just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what purpose Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop is used?
A: Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop is used for the treatment of steroid-responsive conditions of the eye after eye operation and which is associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye.
Q: How Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop works?
- Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Q: Can Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop be used continuously?
A: If Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop is used for a prolonged period it increases the pressure of the eye which can damage the nerve of the eye and cause cataract leading to vision problems, therefore the pressure of the eye should be monitored if this eye drop is used more than 10 days.
Q: Can Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop cause diarrhoea?
A: Mahaflox Lp Eye Drop does not cause diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is a side effect of antibiotic medicine taken by mouth.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 11:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved